Prologue

Amity wakes up breathing heavily, looking at the clock on her bedside table she groans when she sees the time of seven am

Amity wakes up breathing heavily, looking at the clock on her bedside table she groans when she sees the time of seven am. Climbing out of bed she walks downstairs to find her brother Klaus sat drawing on the sofa. "You're up early." he comments not looking up from his book. Amity shrugs and sits next to him. Klaus closes his book and puts it on the table with his pencil "Bad dream?" he asks. Amity shrugs and leans into his side, making close hug her "We haven't seen him in decades. We're safe." he tells her kissing her temple. Amity nods and snuggles closer to him "Anything from Eli?" she asks. "Not for a while. Maybe you should try, you're the innocent little sister." Klaus suggests. "Ah yes, so innocent." Amity laughs. Klaus joins in as his phone starts ringing "Go get something to eat while I take this." he tells her. Smiling Amity goes to the kitchen and grabs an apple and a blood bag before walking back to the living room. "Go get dressed we're going on a road trip." Klaus tells her. "Where?" Amity asks. "To where it all started, Mystic Falls." Klaus smiles. Amity grins and runs upstairs to get changed and pack her bags.