Chapter Fourteen

Amity sits in the Salvatore Boarding House with Klaus, drinking alcohol with music blaring "What are you doing here, Amity, Klaus?" Stefan asks walking in

Amity sits in the Salvatore Boarding House with Klaus, drinking alcohol with music blaring "What are you doing here, Amity, Klaus?" Stefan asks walking in. "Enjoying our stalemate." Klaus responds. "What do you want?" Stefan asks. "The question is what you want? Our hybrids left town as you demanded, so please tell me what we need to do to get our family back." Klaus responds. "Well, see... Amity, Klaus... I'm not negotiating." Stefan tells them. "And you understand, that holding them indefinitely is the same thing as dropping them in the ocean?" Klaus asks. "No, No. You leave Mystic Falls and then give me call in a few years and we'll talk." Stefan tells them. "We can give you another chance. Just one more. Let's make a reasonable deal." Amity pleads. "Or what? You make one move and I will drop..." Stefan starts.
Klaus laughs "Yes, right. Crazy Stefan. How is that working out for you? Any friends left?" he asks before he and Amity leave.

The two of them head to the Mystic Grill where Klaus calls Daniel "How's life on the road?" he asks. "Scenic. How's life in Mystic Falls without any hybrids?" Daniel asks. "Boring. For now." Klaus responds. "If you want any of us back, you just have to say the word." Daniel tells him. "There's no need. I've been making friends with the town civil servants. There's a deputy, obnoxiously chatty, but useful nonetheless. You're clear, what you need to do?" Klaus asks. "I got it covered." Daniel responds before hanging up. Amity takes a long drink making Klaus take the bottle away from her as she goes to pour another "Nik!" she pouts. "Put the pout away Am." he tells her. Rolling her eyes she sticks her tongue out at him before they stand and leave to meet Damon.

They head to the Old Witch House where they Damon "What took you so long? Hiding behind your witchy friends. And in squalor, no less." Klaus asks. Just then the candles starts burning brighter and Klaus falls to his knees while clutching his head and screaming in pain. Amity glares and starts casting a spell silently making Klaus stop screaming and stand up "Insulting a bunch of dead witches... not smart." she tells him. "I made the exact same mistake first time I came in here." Damon nods. "Well, you know, the funny thing about witches is, that living or death, they care about their own. A hundred dead witches have a thousand living descendants... and I have no problem, killing every last one of them, if I don't get my coffins back. As we speak, my hybrid friend is prepared to end the Bennett line. Now... please... show us the coffins." Klaus says. The coffins suddenly appear making Amity let out a sob as she runs over to one of them "Here we are. Where's the fifth? Show me!" Klaus exclaims. "Well, here's the thing. They can't. It's not here." Damon tells him. "What did you do?" Klaus asks. "Well, Bonnie gave me the heads-up. I didn't have enough time, to get all five, but I did have time to get one." Damon explains. "I will tear you, limb from limb. And only then, when you're a riving mass of blood and flesh, will I rip your heart from your chest." Klaus threatens. "Sorry. The same rules apply. You know, leverage and all. I know you want your family back. But something tells me, you want what's in that coffin a lot more." Damon says.

Amity mixes some ingredients together as they get back to the mansion "You've got your family back. Finally. You're gonna open them?" Daniel asks. "Only one, we still have some unfinished business to take care of." Klaus explains. "What business?" Daniel asks before suddenly falling to the floor dead. Elijah stands behind him with his heart in his hand "So, Niklaus..." he starts. "Elijah!" Klaus exclaims.
"What did I miss?" Elijah asks. Amity rolls her eyes and carries on with the ingredients she's mixing, Elijah gets out a handkerchief and wipes the blood from his hand "You look surprised to see me. So it wasn't you that removed the dagger from my chest?" he asks. "You look like you could do with a drink. And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?" Klaus asked. Elijah attacks him making Klaus fly through a window "Easy. I just finished renovating." Klaus tells him before rushing at Elijah and crashing him into a table, breaking it "You know you have every right to be mad at me. But I kept my word, I reunited you with our family." he tells him. Elijah attacks him again, Klaus being knocked against a coffin. He opens the one next to it and undaggers Kol who is lying inside, rushing to Elijah and holding him against a closed coffin by his throat "Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!" he exclaims. "Come on. Use it. I dare you. You'll have Kol to deal with." Elijah tells him. Klaus lowers the dagger "Mikael is dead." he says releasing him. "What did you say?" Elijah asks. "I killed him. With his own weapon. He's gone Elijah. Forever." Klaus explains. "Why do our family remain in these coffins? Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century." Elijah asks. "Because of Stefan Salvatore. He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them. There are things that you do not know about our past, Elijah. Our mother's death. Things I never wanted you to know but I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me." Klaus explains going to a small table where there is a small urn and removing the lid. He dips the dagger inside and walks over to Kol's coffin "What are you doing?" Elijah asks. Klaus daggers Kol again "Always and forever. I need you to stand by my side. Be my brother. Help me destroy Stefan and I promise you our family will be whole again." he explains.

Klaus closes Kol's coffin lid as Amity smiles "I finished." she tells them. "No hug?" Elijah asks. "Later, I finished the cure." Amity smiles. "Go wake them up then." Klaus smiles. Amity grins and runs over to the smallest coffin and feeds the cure to the person inside "Mummy?" the boy asks, opening his big blue eyes. "Hey baby." Amity smiles, tears in her eyes as she hugs her son. Elijah and Klaus smile as they watch on, Amity picks up her three year old son and holds him close as she walks over to join her brothers "Baby, you seen who else is here?" she asks. "Unca Nik! Unca Eli!" he grins. "Hey Pup, happy to see you awake." Klaus smiles. Elijah ruffles his nephew's hair lovingly making him pout, Amity chuckles and kisses his head "Let's go get you in some comfy clothes." she tells him.

Introducing Nicholas (Nico) Henrik Mikaelson