Chapter Two

The next morning Amity stands with Klaus by the door as he talks to Maddox "I'll be back as soon as I can

The next morning Amity stands with Klaus by the door as he talks to Maddox "I'll be back as soon as I can." Maddox assures. "Yes, do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body. And if you get hung up, call me. You know how impatient I get." Klaus tells him. Maddox nods and leaves letting Klaus close the door. "Where is he going?" Katherine asks. "To retrieve me. So I can get out of this bad hair-do." Klaus responds making his sister giggle at him. "Are you sure that's a good idea, Klaus?" Katherine asks him making Amity frown slightly at her. "Well, the full moon is almost upon us. I've killed the witch, I have the moon stone, and the doppelganger is waiting in the wings. Ohh, I am ready to break this curse." Klaus says putting the moonstone on the table. Amity smiles and nods in agreement wanting to free free from the curse herself. "And why would you do that here? There's so many people that would try to stop you." Katherine asks. "Because I have to. It's the birth place of the doppelgänger." Klaus tells her. "I didn't realize that was a requirement." she responds. "Well, how could you? You betrayed me and fled England before I could give you the details, Katerina. But I did find your birth place and I slaughtered your family. So I guess we're cool. Let's just hope that Elena isn't as stupid as you are." Klaus smirks as Amity sits on the table next to him. "She won't run. She'll die before she lets anyone that she loves get hurt." Katherine tells them. "And that's exactly what I'm counting on. You can't leave until I tell you to." Klaus compels before taking his sister's hand and leading her out to the car. "When can I have some fun? I'm getting bored." Amity complains. "All in due time sister." Klaus says kissing her head. Amity sighs but nods as she gets in the car.

Amity walks into the Gilbert house after Jenna invites her in "You have a lovely home Ms Sommers." she tells the older woman. "Please call me Jenna." the elder responds. Amity nods "Brother, are you coming in or not?" she asks making Klaus walk inside. "Alaric?" Jenna asks. "Not exactly." Klaus smirks going to the kitchen. After a couple minutes the door goes and Jenna goes to answer it "Hey, Jenna. Thank you so much for not going to the grill." Stefan says walking in. "Um, Stefan..." Jenna starts. "No, listen. I can explain." Stefan tells her. Jenna looks over Stefan's shoulder at Klaus and Amity. Stefan turns himself, Amity wiggles her fingers with a smile. "Hi, Stefan. How's it going?" Klaus asks. Amity makes Stefan and Jenna stand in the kitchen as Klaus chops some food with a big knife. "You know, I find chopping... Calming. The feel of the blade in the hand, maybe." Klaus explains as Amity sits on the counter next to him. "I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what the hell's going on." Jenna comments. "Well, would you like to tell her, Stefan, or should we?" Amity asks. "Tell me what?" Jenna asks confused. "Do you believe in vampires, Jenna? No?" Klaus asks laughing. "Well, who does, right? But believe it or not, they do have a place in our history." Amity continues. "And as a history teacher, I find them fascinating." Klaus finishes. "Why are we talking about this?" Jenna asks everyone. "Well, you've been angry with me for keeping secrets, and this is one of my secrets. I'm obsessed with vampires. There. I said it." Klaus laughs making Amity giggle.

"Are you joking?" Jenna asks. "Not at all. How about you, Stefan? Are you a fan of vampires?" Amity asks. "In literature. Bram Stoker. It's dense, but I appreciate it." the Salvatore brother responds. "Hmm. Did you know that vampires are the oldest creatures of the night? Except for werewolves, of course." Klaus comments. "Werewolves. Werewolves. Now I know you're joking." Jenna tells them. "You know, I've read that there's an Aztec curse on both species that keeps werewolves slaves to the Moon and vampires bound by the Sun." Amity explains. "Isn't that right, Stefan? You know, they say these creatures would do anything to have this curse broken and that they wouldn't care who they had to kill to do it." Klaus finishes. Amity jumps off the counter and moves to the table where Klaus makes Stefan and Jenna sit as well. "Oh, I know this all sounds so crazy, but... vampires are real. Would you care for some more wine?" Klaus asks Jenna before getting up to get a bottle of wine. "Get out." Jenna tells him and Amity. "Excuse me?" Klaus asks. "I don't know what it is you're trying to do or why you're saying these things, but..." "Jenna..." klaus interrupts. "I said get out!" Jenna shouts. Stefan gets up "You heard her." he tells them. Amity gets up and stands next to Klaus "I'm afraid I don't want to." Klaus tells them. "Fine! I'll go." Jenna exclaims. Klaus grabs the knife "You're not going anywhere." he tells her. Stefan grabs him and pushes him against the wall with his super speed, putting the knife on his throat. "Stefan!" Jenna exclaims. "Jenna, get out of here now!" Stefan tells her. "You can't kill me, Stefan." Klaus smirks. "Watch me!" Stefan retorts. Amity looks at Klaus who nods slightly to assure her that he's fine. "Stefan!" Jenna exclaims again. "If you kill this body, what's to stop me from choosing Jenna as my next one?" Klaus asks. "Jenna, go." Stefan tells her. "But you're... you..." Jenna trails off. Stefan looks at her, his face changed "I said go!" he tells her making Jenna run out of the house.

"Kill me. Just remind Elena how easy it will be for me to get my revenge if she tries to stop me from breaking this curse." Klaus smirks. Stefan punches him on the face and once Klaus is on the floor, he kicks him in the stomach. Stefan throws the knife on the floor and turns to leave. Amity stands in the doorway "You shouldn't have done that." she smirks. "Out my way." Stefan tells her. "Amity, let him leave. We don't need him yet." Klaus tells his sister. Groaning Amity moves out the way and helps her brother off the floor "I never get to have any fun." she pouts. Klaus chuckles "You will soon, promise." Klaus tells her as they get in the car. "Yeah, I know. I'm just bored." she pouts. "Well it's the full moon tomorrow. You'll definitely have fun then." Klaus smiles. Amity grins "Well we'll finally be in our true forms." she responds. Klaus kisses her temple and starts driving back to Alaric's apartment.

Walking into the apartment they siblings find music blaring as Katherine sits on the sofa "You mind turning that down?" Klaus asks. Katherine turns down the music before turning to look at the siblings "Why so grumpy?" she asks. "Well, this body has outlived its usefulness." Klaus explains. "Do you want a drink?" Katherine asks. "No, Katerina, I don't want a drink." Klaus tells her as Amity sits on top of the table. "Come on. It might loosen you up." Katherine tells him. Taking the bottle Klaus throws it against the wall. "What I want is for you to sit down and shut up." he compels. Katherine sits down on the couch as Maddox walks in. "Maddox, what took you so long?" Klaus asks. "You've got a lot of luggage." Maddox responds. Two men enter with luggage with a girl "Greta. Finally." Klaus smiles. "Hello, love. Nice body. You ready to get out of it?" Greta asks. Two other men arrive with a coffin, Katherine looks at them before looking away. Greta spots Amity and smiles "Amity." she greets. "Greta." Amity smiles in response.

Amity, Maddox and Greta start casting the spell with candles all around them. Klaus stands next to the coffin as Katherine watches them. They stop casting the spell look at Alaric, he opens his eyes and looks at Katherine "Elena?" he asks before collapsing. Amity opens the box and Klaus gets out of it "Now that's more like it." he smiles looking at Alaric. Giggling Amity looks at her brother "Definitely better. It was weird having to call you brother when you looked like that." she responds. Klaus chuckles and grabs his sister bey the waist and throws her over his shoulder "Ahhh, Nik put me down!" Amity squeals as Klaus laughs.