Chapter Twenty-One

After a few days, Amity sits in the park with Magnus watching Alec play with Nico and Fenrir

After a few days, Amity sits in the park with Magnus watching Alec play with Nico and Fenrir. Groaning, she grabs her phone and tries calling Klaus "Pick up, pick up, pick up." she mumbles. "Pumpkin?" Magnus asks. "Something's wrong with Nik, I can feel it." Amity responds. "Try calling Elijah or Rebekah, they're both in Mystic Falls." Magnus suggests. Nodding, Amity calls Elijah "Sister." Elijah says, picking up. "Eli, something has happened to Nik? I can feel it." she tells him. "I know, he's been desiccated by Bonnie. I've made a deal with Elena. If she gives Klaus back with the White Oak stake then we shall all scatter and not wake Klaus in hers or her children's lifetimes." Elijah explains. "You what?! No! That Doppelbitch will give him back with the White Oak stake or I will hunt her and her little friends down!" Amity glares. "Calm yourself Amity." Elijah scolds. "No, I won't calm myself! That bitch does not get to rip this family apart! If you don't get Nik back with the White Oak within the next two hours I am coming back to deal with her myself!" Amity growls, hanging up. Magnus looks at her in concern "You heard what's happened?" Amity asks. "Yes, Alec and I can look after Nico if you need to go." Magnus assures her. Amity nods and walks over to Nico "Baby, I need to go and help Uncle Nik with something. Magnus and Alec will look after you though and I won't be gone for very long, I promise." she tells her son. "What's wong wit Unca Nik?" Nico asks, worry on his face. "Some people are being very mean to him and are trying to hurt him. But I'm going to go and stop them, okay?" Amity explains, brushing Nico's hair out his face. "You go stop meanies, I stay wit Awec and Mag." Nico tells her with a determined look on his face. Amity smiles "That's my brave, good boy. I'll be back soon." she assures Nico, kissing his head. Alec gives her a reassuring smile "We'll keep him safe but you need anything just call." he tells her. "I will, thank you Alec." Amity nod, heading over to Magnus who opens a portal for her. "Keep yourself safe Pumpkin." Magnus tells her, kissing her cheek. "I will Mag." Amity nods, kissing his cheek and walking through the portal to find herself in Klaus' Mansion.

Walking downstairs Amity finds Rebekah about to leave "You going to get our brother back?" she asks. "Amity! What the hell are you doing here?" Rebekah asks. "Making sure Nik gets out of this as himself and not desiccated." Amity responds, joining Rebekah at the door. "But Elijah said-" Rebekah starts. "I don't care what Elijah said. I'm getting our brother back and stopping Alaric from killing us all. I'm not having Nico grow up in a world without his family." Amity retorts, walking out to the car. Rebekah follows and climbs in the drivers side, driving them to the storage unit that Klaus has been stored in "We're here." she says. "Good." Amity responds, getting out the car. They walk into the building and get in the elevator, walking out when they get to the right floor "Damon! Damon, where are you? Damon, this isn't funny." Rebekah calls out as they walk round, finding multiple lockers open. The twins are suddenly grabbed from behind, their mouth covered "Shh." Damon tells them, quietly leading them to Klaus' coffin. They all get to the car when Alaric arrives, catching Rebekah by the hair and punching her head into the car before throwing her to the floor. Amity growls and swims at him, Alaric grabbing her arm and breaking it before kicking her into the wall. Damon rushes towards him but is kicked to the floor, Alaric going over and opening the coffin. "No! No!" Rebekah and Amity scream simultaneously. "No! Don't!" Damon shouts. Amity and Rebekah get up as Alaric drives the stake through Klaus' heart "NO!" Amity screams, Damon holding both Amity and Rebekah back as Klaus' body hurts into flames. but he's in shock. Alaric looks at them, taking the stake from the burning body and closing the coffin "Next." he says, turning to the sisters. "Rebekah, Amity, run. Run!" Damon shouts, making the sisters speed away.

The two sisters arrive in the woods, finding Elijah already there "He's gone, Elijah. There was nothing we could do to stop it." Rebekah sobs, Elijah embracing her with tears in his eyes. Amity falls to the floor, silently sobbing as she does "Tyler Lockwood is dead, but the rest survived. You said that Nicklaus turned their bloodline." Elijah says as he and Rebekah pull away. "I thought he did." Rebekah responds. "It wasn't me, it wasn't Kol." Elijah tells her. "It wasn't me or Amity, Elijah. It was Nicklaus, I'm sure of it." Rebekah tells him. "Then how are they still alive?" Elijah asks. Amity sits on the woodland floor, sobbing soundlessly "Amity." Elijah says. "Don't. Just...don't." she responds, getting up and speeding off with Rebekah's phone. Pulling up Rebekah's contacts she calls Stefan "Hello?" Stefan asks. "You're alive. Congratulations." Amity tells him in a dull tone. "Amity." Stefan realises. "Elijah spoke to Elena. Her and Matt should be arriving back in town any minute." Amity says. "Yeah, he told me that. He also said you all would be long gone out of town by now." Stefan tells her. "That's the problem. Elijah says that we have to run, that the hunter will keep coming after us, but I don't want to run anymore, Stefan. I've spent my whole life running. My son does not deserve to grow up in a world where he is constantly running for his life, not seeing his family for centuries." Amity tells him, clenching her jaw. "What are you talking about? We had a deal." Stefan retorts. "I'm would say I'm sorry but that would be a lie. Nik is dead. There is no deal. If my brothers, sister, son and I are going to survive, we need to get rid of Alaric, and the only way to get rid of Alaric..." Amity trails off. "Amity, no." Stefan tells her, Amity hanging up on him as she takes her place on Wickery Bridge.

Matt's truck drives towards her, swerving at the last minute to avoid hitting her. Amity watches as the truck lands in the water below before speeding back to the house and packing some stuff she'd forgotten for Nico. Elijah walks in "What are you doing Amity? Where did you go?" he asks. "I can't stay here. Not without Nik. Not with him..." Amity trails off, tears streaming. "Where did you go?" Elijah repeats. "To do what you would not. I killed Alaric." Amity responds, messaging Magnus for a portal. "I made a deal with Elena and the Salvatore Brothers Amity!" Elijah glares. "One that meant that Nico would grow up on the run! That he would not see his Uncle for decades! Now...now because of those choice Nik is..." Amity shouts, trailing off at the end. Picking up her bags Amity heads downstairs and into the living room where a portal opens, making her walk through it and into Magnus' Penthouse. Magnus takes note of the look on her face immediately "What's happened Pumpkin?" he asks. "I-Is Nico here?" Amity counters. "He's with Alec and Izzy, I can get them to bring him back." Magnus says. "No, i-it's okay I just didn't tell want h-him to hear..." Amity trails off, tears falling. "Hear what?? Magnus asks. "Nik he...he's..." Amity sobs, putting a hand over her mouth. Magnus immediately engulfs her in a hug, his own tears falling as Amity sobs into his chest. Amity clings to her best friend "I'll get Alec and Izzy to look after Nico for the night. For now, let's get a drink." Magnus tells her, leading her to the mini bar.