Chapter Seven

Amity walks next to Klaus as Stefan walks behind them carrying Ray on his shoulders "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asks

Amity walks next to Klaus as Stefan walks behind them carrying Ray on his shoulders "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asks. "I'm fine." Stefan responds shortly. "You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..." Klaus starts. "You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great." Stefan interrupts. "So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend." Klaus tells him while Amity looks ahead slightly. "Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer." Stefan retorts. "Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There." Amity smiles pointing ahead to where she has spotted the pack. Stefan walks into the camp and puts Ray on the ground making a woman run over "Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?" she asks Stefan. Klaus walks into the camp with Amity "The important question is who are we. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus and this is my baby sister Amity." he introduces. "You're the hybrid and tribrid." the woman realises. Klaus smiles "You've heard of us. Fantastic." he tells her.

Bored Amity sits down making Klaus and Stefan copy "It's fascinating, actually...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Klaus tells the pack. As he finishes talking Ray wakes up "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic." Amity grins. "What's happening to me?" Ray asks. "Stefan?" Klaus says making Stefan stand up. "Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die." Stefan tells the pack. "Doesn't take much, just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?" Amity asks with a smile. Klaus looks at a man "You!" he says speeding over and biting the man's forearm before throwing him in front of Ray. The woman goes to protest but Klaus grabs her throat "If you don't drink it, Ray, I will. Problem is I don't know how to stop." Stefan tells Ray. Amity skips over to Klaus and the woman "It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die." Klaus tells her. "I'd rather die than be a vampire." the woman retorts. "Wrong choice." Amity smiles before feeding the woman her blood as Ray drinks the man's blood. "She'll thank us for that later." Klaus smiles as he twists the woman's head, breaking her neck and killing her. "Okay, who's next?" Amity asks, her eyes glowing yellow and her fangs out.

After feeding their blood to all the wolves and killing them Amity watches as Klaus gives his blood to the human and compels him "There. Good as new. Now you relax, okay, mate? We're gonna need you when the rest of them wake up." he tells him. Ray sits on a rock nearby, holding himself and shivering "They're dead. They're all dead." he says. "Ah, he's through his transition. He should be feeling better soon." Klaus remarks looking at the newly turned hybrid. "So is this your master plan? Build an army of hybrid slaves?" Stefan asks. "No, not slaves. Soldiers, comrades." Klaus responds. "For what war, might I ask?" Stefan questions. "Oh, you don't arm yourself after war has been declared, Stefan. You build your army so big that no one ever dares pick a fight." Amity explains. "What makes you so sure that they'll be loyal?" Stefan asks them. "Well, it's not difficult to be loyal when you're on the winning team. That's something you'll learn once you shake that horribly depressive chip off your shoulder." Klaus tells him. Stefan laughs "That's why you're, uh...you're keeping me around? To witness my attitude adjustment?" he asks. Amity frowns and looks at Ray "Nik." she says pointing at the hybrid's bleeding eyes "You'll know why I'm keeping you around when I've decided that I want you to know." Klaus tells Stefan before looking at Ray "Something's wrong." he remarks. "That shouldn't be happening, should it?" Stefan asks. "Well, obviously." Amity glares.

Amity looks at Ray as he carries on shaking, his eyes still bleeding "You said it was gonna feel better. Why doesn't it feel better?" Ray asks. "Some master race." Stefan comments. "Lose the attitude." Klaus snaps. The woman suddenly wakes up making Amity smile "Derek, come feed your girlfriend." she tells the compelled man who does as he's told. Just them Ray snarls, jumps up and runs off making Klaus look at Stefan "Go get him." he tells him. After a couple minutes Stefan doesn't come back making Klaus and Amity go after him "Where did he go?" Klaus asks. "He, uh... he got away. Forget him. Let's go." Stefan responds walking over. Klaus and Amity spot a bite mark on his arm making them stop him, Klaus grabbing it "A fatal werewolf bite. Ouch." he remarks. "Yeah. I'm gonna need your blood to heal me." Stefan responds. "Well, I tell you what. You find Ray, and then we'll heal you." Klaus tells him. "Can't be serious." Stefan says. "You better hurry, 'cause that bite looks nasty." Amity tells him before she and Klaus head back to the campsite to find all the werewolves waking up, their eyes bleeding. "Derek, be a dear and feed your friends." Amity smiles.

Soon nightfalls and Amity walks over to Derek "Bad news, my friend. End of the road for you." she tells him before feeding off him til he dies. When she finishes she sees Derek's girlfriend standing and looking at her "Careful, love. There's only one Alpha here." Klaus warns, stepping next to his sister. Amity looks round and sees all the werewolves staggering around with their eyes bleeding "Bloody hell." she growls. Just then one of the wolves try to attack her making her rip it's heart out, soon some of the wolves starting going rabid and attacking both Amity and Klaus. Soon after Stefan walks back into camp with a dead Ray over his shoulders "They went rabid. Some of them, we killed. The others just... Bled out. In the end... They're all dead." Klaus explains before throwing the beer from his hands and screaming "We did everything we were told! We should be able to turn them. We broke the curse. We killed a werewolf. We killed a vampire. We killed the doppelgänger." Klaus rants. Amity looks at Stefan "You look like hell." she comments. "Last I checked, I'm dying... and you don't want to heal me.I had to take him out. I didn't have a choice. I failed you. I'm sorry. Do what you have to do." Stefan tells them, motioning to Ray. "It should have worked." Klaus says, taking an empty beer bottle and biting his hand, putting the blood into the bottle  "Bottoms up. We're leaving. It appears you're the only comrade we have left." he tells him. Stefan drinks the blood from the bottle and throws it aside as Amity and Klaus start walking off.