Chapter Twelve

The next day Amity walks in the Grill with Klaus "Don't mind me

The next day Amity walks in the Grill with Klaus "Don't mind me." Klaus tells Elena and Damon. "Klaus." Elena breathes. "You gonna do this in the Grill? In front of everyone? It's a little beneath you, don't you think?" Damon asks. "I don't know what you are talking about. We just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with a mate." Klaus responds, Tony walking over and joining the siblings. "Get a round in, would you Tony?" Amity asks. "I'm surprised you two stuck around town long enough for happy hour." Damon tells them. "Our sister seems to be missing. Need to sort that out." Klaus explains. "Cute blonde bombshell, psycho. Shouldn't be too hard to find." Damon says. "Truth is we've grown to rather like your little town. Think I might fancy a home here, for my sister and I. Oh I imagine you're wondering how does this is affect you. The answer is: not in the slightest. As long as we get what we want and everyone behaves themselves you can go on living your little lives however you choose. You have our word." Klaus tells them. "What more could you possibly want?" Elena asks. "Well for starters, you can tell me where we might find Stefan." Amity responds. "Stefan skipped town the second he saved your asses." Damon says. "Well you see that is a shame." Klaus says as he throws a dart and gets a bullseye "Your brother stole from us. We need him found so we can take back what's ours." he explains. "That sounds like a Klaus, Amity and Stefan problem." Elena remarks. Klaus moves toward Elena but Damon steps in between them making Klaus smirk "Ha. Well this is us broadening the scope, sweetheart." he tells Elena.

Later that day Amity and Klaus head to Salvatore Boarding House where they find Damon pouting himself a drink "I think it's about time we had a drink, don't you?" Klaus asks as Damon sees them. "I'd say we're overdue." Damon agrees. "Well, you've been so busy with all your plotting and scheming." Klaus remarks. "You know me. Never miss a chance to plan an epic failure." Damon says. "Don't be so hard on yourself. Who could have guessed your own brother would betray you?" Amity asks. "Well, I did have a front row seat when your sister lied to you." Damon tells them. "Yeah, well she's fickle that one. And you say you have no idea of her whereabouts?" Klaus asks. "That's the thing with younger siblings. You just never know what they're gonna do." Damon remarks. Amity shrugs and leans against the table "Drink?" Damon asks before handing both Amity and Klaus a drink each. "Cheers mate!" Klaus says. "Down the hatch." Damon adds as they all take a drink. "You know, we've actually got a lot in common, you and I." Klaus tells Damon. "Really? Well, yeah. Maybe we can bond over our mutual loathing of my brother. Why are you so mad at him? He stole something?" Damon asks. "Our family, the Originals. I had them daggered, boxed-up awaiting the day when I saw fit to wake them. And he went in and pinched the bloody lot. Along with someone very important to Amity, she only just found a way to wake them so she's on the war party even more." Klaus explains. Amity feels her eyes tear up making her wipe them before they fall, Damon notices this and frowns slightly "Of course he did. Such a buzzkill, my baby bro. Well, I'd love to find him. Just the trouble is, I sure as hell don't work for you." he tells them. "You know, your drink stinks of vervain, so I can't compel you. There'd be no point in killing you because you're actually the one with the most hope of getting me what I need. And yet it would seem a demonstration is in order. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough when I told you to find Stefan. Well, it seems you people respond best to displays of violence. Why don't you take this as an example of my reach?" Klaus questions, pulling out his phone and calling someone "There he is! So, that thing I told you to do... why don't you go ahead and get on with it?" he tells Tyler on the other end.

Amity follows Klaus into their new Mansion where Klaus starts giving orders "Compel the men to open up this wall. We need sun. I want a fortress not a dungeon." he tells Mindy. Tyler walks in making the siblings smile "Here he is: man of the hour!" Klaus exclaims. "So everything went okay?" Tyler asks. "Tony ran down Alaric instead of Jeremy, but apples, oranges, message lands the same." Amity shrugs. "You said you are sending them a warning." Tyler frowns. "And we did. An effective one! Elena's family suffers, she is motivated to get us what we want." Klaus explains. "I didn't think that we actually have to kill anyone." Tyler says. "Tyler, mate. What you are feeling is the remnant of a guilty conscience. I need you to get over it, okay? End of the day human life is just a means to an end. Our means to our end. You do well to remember that?" Klaus explains.

Sighing Amity follows Klaus back to he Salvatore Boarding House where Elena lets them in "Thank you for coming." she tells them. .I trust you have news of Stefan?" Klaus asks. "I couldn't find him. But I have something else." Elena says before leading them to the cellar to a cell containing Rebekah's daggered body. "Our poor sister. I can't turn my back on her for a moment." Klaus sighs. "You have Rebekah. A deal is a deal." Elena tells them. "The life of my sister in exchange for your brother? Yeah I'd say that's a bargain. Consider him spared." Klaus nods. "You should know I was the one that daggered her. When she wakes she'll come after me." Elena tells them. "We can control Rebekah. Besides e still need your help finding Stefan." Klaus tells her. "I told you I don't know where he is." Elena responds. Klaus undaggers Rebekah "You're lying. Fortunately you have no shortage of loved ones. If we don't find our family the question you should be asking yourself is who's gonna die next! Bonnie? Caroline? Damon? It's only a matter of time before Stefan gives me what we want." he tells her. "He doesn't care about me anymore. You made sure of that. You turned him into a monster. Now he's your problem. And just so you know I'm not the only one that Rebekah wants dead. She knows what you did to your mother. She knows that you killed her. You can let yourself out." Elena retorts before leaving.

They head back to the Mansion where Klaus lays Rebekah on a table, her skin still grey "Here we are, Rebekah. Home sweet home. Only took a thousand years... And to think I was counting on you being here with me. But that's all ruined now, isn't it?" he asks. The two of them notice one of her fingers move "I'm so sorry. Sister... We'll meet again one day..." Klaus apologises, stroking her cheek before he daggers her again. Amity sits down and looks out the window sadly, Klaus walks over an joins her "We'll get them all back Am, I promise." he tells her. "I finally found a way to wake them up and Stefan's taken them from me." she cries. Klaus wraps his arms round her "I know, but they'll be in your arms again soon. I promise you that sister." he assures her.