Chapter Sixteen

Amity sits playing with Nico as Rebekah has her nails polished, Kol stands in front of a full length mirror, Finn looks at suits and Elijah polish's his shoes ready for the ball tonight "Rebekah? Tell me how handsome I am

Amity sits playing with Nico as Rebekah has her nails polished, Kol stands in front of a full length mirror, Finn looks at suits and Elijah polish's his shoes ready for the ball tonight "Rebekah? Tell me how handsome I am." Kol says. "Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled." Rebekah responds making Amity giggle as Finn and Elijah smile. Klaus walks in and over to Rebekah "You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!" he asks. "Here we go." Rebekah sighs. "Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Klaus asks her. "Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?" Kol questions. "Oh, go back to staring at yourself." Klaus glares. "And who are you, my father?" Kol asks. "No, Kol, but you're in my house." Klaus tells him. "Then perhaps we should go outside." Kol suggests. The two of them stare at each other making Amity roll her eyes "Way too much testosterone in this house." she tells her twin who nod in agreement. "Enough! Niklaus. Come." Esther tells him making Klaus walk out with her. "Mummy, can we match again tonight?" Nico asks. "Course we can sweetie." Amity smiles, brushing his fringe out his eyes. "One question, why does Nico look like a mini Kol today?" Rebekah asks. "I let Kol dress him this morning." Amity responds. "I think my nephew looks rather dashing." Kol says picking Nico up, making the three year old nod.

Amity finishes the last touch of make up before turning and picking Nico up "You ready buddy?" she asks

Amity finishes the last touch of make up before turning and picking Nico up "You ready buddy?" she asks. "Yes mummy." Nico nods. Smiling Amity walks out her room and down to where everyone is beginning to arrive for the ball, Kol walks over "You look amazing, Sister." he tells her. "Thank you Brother." Amity responds. "Mummy prettiest here." Nico declares with a smile. "Is that so?" Amity smiles. "Uh Huh." Nico nods with a smile. Amity kisses his head as she spots Damon talking to Carol "Come on Kol, I'll introduce you to the Mayor." she tells him. Kol nods and follows his sister over, he takes Carol's hand and kisses it "Mayor Lockwood. We haven't formally met. Kol Mikaelson. I hope your lovely town embraces us just as much as we plan to embrace it." he tells her. Damon holds out his hand to shake Kol's "Damon Salvatore. Have we met?" he asks Kol. amity bites her lip to stop a laugh as Kol doesn't shake his hand "I've met a lot of people. And you don't particularly stand out." he tells him before walking away. "Excuse me." Amity smiles before following her brother.

Catching up she spots Klaus "I'll catch up with you later." she tells Kol who nods. Amity walks over to Klaus and stands next to him "You look as bored as I feel." she tells him. "Now now Am, the party hasn't even started yet." Klaus smiles, ruffling Nico's hair who giggles. "Yes, well Mother has ensured that nothing interesting will happen." Amity says, rolling her eyes. "Knowing our family? No, something is definitely going to happen." Klaus tells her. "Fair point." Amity nods. "So, who is your date for this evening?" Klaus asks. "Nico, I don't need anyone but my family and my son." Amity responds. Klaus shakes his head with a smile "Who's yours?" Amity asks. "I invited Caroline, she hasn't arrived yet though." Klaus responds. Amity smiles and nods as Nico plays with her necklaces, looking up she sees Caroline walk in "Go get your girl." she tells Klaus. Smiling Klaus kissed her head and ruffles Nico's hair again before walking over to Caroline. Elijah walks over and comes to a stop next to Amity "Speech time." he tells her. "Coming." Amity responds following her brother to the staircase where the rest of their family has already gathered. Smiling she stops next to Kol "Uh, if everyone could gather, please. Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom." Elijah tells the crowd. "You dancing sister?" Kol asks. "I'm going to stay at the side and dance with this little man." Amity responds. Kol nods and kisses her head "I'll find you at the end." he tells her.

After the dance Amity walks over to Kol and Rebekah in the foyer "Where's your date?" she asks her twin. "Flirting with his ex." Rebekah responds. "You've changed, Bekah. You know, settling for mortals is the first sign of weakness." Kol tells her. "I'm not settling. I brought him here to kill him. He's Elena's friend. If he dies she suffers. But I've already been scolded once so I was hoping you'd help your twin / baby sister out." Rebekah asks sweetly. "And spit right in the face of mother's rules?" Kol asks before smiling. "We're in. Let me go take Nico to Elijah first." Amity smiles. Walking away from her twin and brother, Amity goes to find Elijah "Eli, can you watch Nico for a bit? Kol and Ebekah wanted to have som sibling time." she asks sweetly. Elijah frowns slightly before nodding "Come here Nico, we'll go find something to eat." he tells his nephew. "Otay Unca Eli, by mummy." Nico waves, going to his Uncle.

Amity stands with Kol when they spot Rebekah "I'm itching to kill something. What are we waiting for?" Kol asks. "The mayor cornered me. Give me fifteen minutes to lure Matt outside." Rebekah responds. "Outside? What's wrong with right here on the stairs? Make a spectacle of it." Amity asks. "You sound like Kol. Mother would kill you if you ruined her party. See you outside." Rebekah tells her twin before walking away. "I was with you on that one." Kol tells Amity who nods. They walk outside and hide in waiting, soon Rebekah walks out with Matt "So... What are we doing out here?" Matt asks. "Just taking a break from the polite chit-chat." Rebekah responds. "It's freezing. Let me get my coat."matt tells Rebekah walking over to his car and opening the door. "This is your car?" Rebekah asks as Matt picks up his jacket from the car set. "Yep. If I could compel myself a Maserati, I would. But I can't." he responds, putting the jacket round Rebekah's shoulders. "Oh! I'm a vampire. We don't... Thanks. Let's go back inside. I got all the fresh air I need." Rebekah says, looking round. The two of them walk away leaving Kol and Amity watching after them "Spoil sport." Amity pouts. "Let's get back inside before Mother realises that we're gone.

Once inside Kol and Amity grab a glass of champagne each as waiters bring glasses round through the audience "Good Evening, Ladies and Gentleman. Waiters are coming around with champagne. I invite you all to join me in raising a glass. It provides me with no greater joy then to see my family back together as one. I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening. Cheers!" Esther says, lifting her glass. Amity clinks glasses with Kol playfully before they drink "Cheers!" everyone repeats before dispersing again. Amity looks round and spots Rebekah, dragging Kol over when she does "There you are. We were waiting outside for you. Where's Matt?" Kol asks. "About that, I, uh... I changed my mind. I don't want to ruin mother's night." Rebekah tells them. "Don't tell me you like this boy. What did he do? He gave you five seconds of his attention? Don't be so predictable Rebekah." Kol sighs. "You don't have to be rude about it. Just leave him be, okay?" Rebekah retorts before walking off. "As you wish, sister." Kol responds, watching her retreating figure. Amity shakes her head "I'm going to go put Nico to bed." she tells Kol. "I'll see you later, sister." Kol tells her.

Amity finishes settling Nico into bed when she hears a crash "Stay here baby, I'll be right back." she tells Nico who nods and yawns tiredly. Smiling Amity speeds downstairs and out the front in time to see Damon break Kol's neck, growling she feels her eyes glow "Damon! Are you crazy?" Stefan asks as Klaus goes over to Amity to calm her down. "Maybe a little. Far be it from me to cause a problem." Damon responds, looking at Elena before leaving. "Elijah get Kol inside, Rebekah check on Nico, I'll calm Am down." Klaus tells his siblings before taking Amity into the garden. Amity feels her wolf trying to break free "Nik." she groans. "Calm down Am, breathe in and out. Your Wolf has got protective over family. Just breathe." Klaus tells her. Amity takes a breath and feels herself calm slightly "There wee go." Klaus smiles, kissing her forehead gently.