Chapter Twenty

Amity finishes tying her hair before walking out of her room with a blood bag, finding Magnus in the kitchen cooking "Wow, you're actually cooking without magic

Amity finishes tying her hair before walking out of her room with a blood bag, finding Magnus in the kitchen cooking "Wow, you're actually cooking without magic." she jokes. "I can do lots of things without magic." Magnus fake glares. Amity nods with a small smile and pours the blood bag into a mug, waving her hand making it heat up "Alec rang a few minutes ago, he's on his way back with Nico. Should be her in the next ten minutes." Magnus tells her. "What do I tell him Mag?" Amity asks, tear prickling her eyes. Magnus walks round and wraps him arms from her "You tell him that his Uncle Finn is with his Daddy and Uncle Henrik now, and is helping them watch over him." he tells her. Amity nods and wraps her arms round Magnus' middle before pulling away and wiping her eyes "Now, where's that famous Amity Mikaelson smile?" Magnus asks making Amity chuckle and smile "There we go." he smiles, wiping away her tears. "Knock knock." Alec smiles walking in with Nico in his arms. "Mummy!" Nico smiles, running over as Alec puts him down. "Hi baby." Amity smiles, picking him up. "Awec and Simon watch Monsters Inc wif me." Nico smiles. "They did! You have fun?" Amity asks. Nico nods vigorously "Uh huh, Izzy got ice cweam for me too!" he smiles. "Warning, Izzy is going to end up spoiling him." Alec tells Amity making her chuckle. "More than he already is?" she jokes.

Magnus smiles at his best friend and godson "Why don't Alec and I go sort some stuff out for a surprise later while mummy talks to you?" he suggests. "Surpwise?" Nico asks. "Yes, but mummy wants to talk to you first." Magnus nods, ruffling Nico's hair as he and Alec walk away. Amity sits down with Nico on her lap "Baby, you remember the stories about your Uncle Henrik that we told you about?" she starts. Nico nods "Uh huh, he in Valhalla with Daddy." he responds. "Well Uncle Finn has... he's had to leave us and go to Valhalla, to be with Daddy and Uncle Henrik." Amity tells him, tears in her eyes. "He gone?" Nico asks. "Yeah baby, but I'm sure that he's watching over you." Amity responds. Nico nods sadly "We see him again?" he asks. "I-I hope so baby. Now, why don't we go see what Magnus has done?" Amity suggests. "Otay." Nico nods. Amity stands with Nico in her arms and carries him to where Magnus is sat with Alec on the sofa, Nico jumps out his mother's arms and runs over "Incoming." Alec chuckles as Nico joins them. Amity smiles and sits on the chair next to the sofa "You want the surprise?" Magnus asks. Nico nods excitedly making the other thee laugh "Okay, close your eyes." Magnus tells him, making the three year old do so.

Amity smiles as Magnus opens a portal making a small wolf pup land on Nico's lap "Olay open them." Magnus tells his godson. Nico opens his eyes, his face lighting up "Puppy!" he grins. "A very special puppy, he's your familiar. That means you will both understand each other in a way that others don't, he'll also be able to help you with your magic as you grow. He'll be one of your best friends." Magnus tells him. "You just need to name him now, Nico." Amity tells her son. Nico looks at the pup on his lap "Fenrir." he decides. The pup licks Nico's nose making him laugh "He likes it." he smiles. Amity smiles and takes a picture of Nico and Fenrir with Magnus and Alec, sending it to Klaus and then to Izzy.

Later that day Amity sits watching Nico play with Fenrir when there's a knock on the penthouse door "Amity, could you be a dear and get that?" Magnus asks

Later that day Amity sits watching Nico play with Fenrir when there's a knock on the penthouse door "Amity, could you be a dear and get that?" Magnus asks. "You're door." Amity points out. "I'm in the middle of a potion." Magnus counters. Rolling her eyes, Amity gets up and walks to the door, opening it to find Kol there "Kol!" she smiles, hugging him. "Amity." Kol smiles, hugging her back. "Magnus, can you invite Kol in?" Amity ask. "You can come in Kol." Magnus calls. "Thank you Magnus, good to see you haven't lost any of your flamboyance." Kol smiles, walking in. "Unca Kol!" Nico exclaims, running over. Kol crouches down and catches Nico, putting him on his hip "Hey buddy, you being good for mummy?" he asks. "Yep, Mag got me puppy. I called him Fenrir." Nico smiles. "He did?" Kol asks with a smile. "He's Nico's familiar." Amity tells Kol as Fenrir walks over. Kol puts Nico down and ruffles his hair "You go play with Fenrir while I talk to mummy and Magnus." he tells his nephew. Nodding, Nico runs off, Fenrir following close behind "Why do I feel like this isn't just a social call?" Amity asks. Kol sighs "I wish it was just a social call. The Mystic Falls gang are trying to find out who they're sired to so they know who they can kill without getting killed." he explains. "Well Katerina turned Damon and Stefan. She was turned by Rose who was turned by Scary Mary. Now...who turned her?" Amity asks. "She had a thing for all of us, so could have been any of us." Kol smirks. "Now, that complicates things for them." Amity says, mirroring her brother's smirk.

Magnus walks over "Good to see you again Kol." he smiles. "You too Magnus, am I alright to stay here for the night before I head off to Denver tomorrow?" Kol asks. "Of course, we are family after all." Magnus nods. Just then Alec walks in with Jace, Izzy and Clary "Ah, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Magnus asks the others, giving Alec a quick kiss in greeting. "We need your help." Jace explains. "You always do." Magnus responds. Kol looks at them "I'm guessing the dark haired man is Alec?" he asks Amity. "Yep, the dark haired lady is Izzy his younger sister. The blonde is Jace and the red head is Clary." Amity responds. "Who's he?" Jace asks, eyeing Kol up. "Kol Mikaelson, Amity's most hands one older brother." Kol introduces. "Also the one with the biggest ego." Amity adds. "Ouch. You wound me sister." Kol tells her. "I'm sure you'll get over it." Amity smiles. "Izzy!" Nico grins, running in with Fenrir. "There he is, how you doing Nico?" Izzy smiles, picking the toddler up. "Good, I got puppy." Nico tells her happily. "I know, mummy sent me a picture, what did you call them?" Izzy asks. "He's called Fenrir, like the wolf in Helheim." Nico responds with a smile. "That's a great name Nico." Izzy smiles.

Jace sighs "Can we get back on track please?" he asks. Izzy rolls her eyes "I don't even understand why you've dragged us into this. Isn't it a problem you and Clary can fix on your own?" she asks. "We want you to help." Clary tells her. Izzy sighs "And I wanted to spend time with this little man, my brother, Magnus and my new friend." she responds. "What is it you need?" Kol asks. "We don't need a vampire's help, thanks." Jace tells him. "Really? I thought you had a vampire friend? Simon?" Amity glares. "Okay, enough Jace. Clary has lost her stele and seraph blade, she needs help finding them." Alec explains. "Well that was silly of you." Amity tells Clary. "Hey! It was not my fault!"  Clary glares. "Your stuff, your responsibility. That what we we're always taught by our parents." Kol shrugs. "Just help us Magnus, please?" Clary asks. "Unfortunately I already have plans for today, maybe if you come back tomorrow." Magnus responds. Jace and Clary scoff before leaving "We'll they seem...interesting." Kol remarks.