Chapter Eleven

A few weeks later Amity sits on a log in the Portland woods, drawing the flowers when Klaus' phone starts ringing

A few weeks later Amity sits on a log in the Portland woods, drawing the flowers when Klaus' phone starts ringing. Klaus picks up the phone and puts it on speaker "Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves." he tells who Amity reads is Stefan. "Your father is dead." Stefan responds. Amity freezes and looks at Klaus "What did you say to me?" he asks Stefan. "Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?" Stefan questions. "Well, first I want you to explain to us exactly what happened." Klaus tells him. "Mikael followed Elena to the Boarding House where he tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger. He planned to use it on Rebekah, but instead we got Elena to dagger him with it." Stefan explains. "I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself." Klaus decides. "Well, he is here. Come by whenever." Stefan responds. "If you are lying to us Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So, answer with your life: Is what you are saying the truth?" Klaus asks, noticing the worried look on his sister's face. "It's true. I saw it with my own eyes." Stefan tells them. "I wanna talk to Rebekah." Amity tells Stefan. "That's not a problem. She is right here." Stefan responds. "Hello Am, Nik." Rebekah says. "Rebekah, love. What's this we hear about Mikael's tragic run in with the dagger?" Klaus asks. "It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here." Rebekah tells them. "We'll be home soon." Amity tells her twin. "Good. I'll see you then, brother, sister." she responds before hanging up. "I don't like this." Amity tells Klaus. "Why?" Klaus asks. "He would have been more careful when trying to get Elena. He may be a psycho but he isn't an idiot Nik." Amity explains. Klaus sighs "Hwy about Rebekah?" he asks. "Maybe she's being threatened? I don't know! I don't like this!" Amity exclaims running her hands through her hair. "How about this then? We take some of our new friends with us." Klaus suggests trying to calm her. Amity nods and leans into him as he hugs her "If they're lying, they'll pay." Klaus promises.

Smiling Amity watches her brother walk on stage at the homecoming Tyler is throwing at his house "Good evening everyone! I wanna thank you for being here with me to celebrate! It's been a long time coming!" Klaus exclaims before walking off and ov...

Smiling Amity watches her brother walk on stage at the homecoming Tyler is throwing at his house "Good evening everyone! I wanna thank you for being here with me to celebrate! It's been a long time coming!" Klaus exclaims before walking off and over to Amity. Together they find Stefan and start walking round the party with him "Quite the Homecoming." Stefan remarks. "We've been planning my father's funeral for a thousand years. Granted, in no version of it were any of these people invited, but you get the idea." Klaus responds. "So, what now? Stop running?" Stefan asks. "Hm- now I reunite my family." Klaus tells him. "Your family. You mean the people you cart around in caskets?" Stefan questions. "None of that matters anymore. Mikael is gone. Bygones will be bygones." Klaus tells him. Just then the Homecoming Queen walks past "Seems the Homecoming Queen still walks among the living, which leads me to believe Rebekah isn't here... Where is she?" Amity asks. "I have no idea. I thought she was coming with Matt." Stefan responds. "Oh, be honest now, Stefan. Where is our sister?" Klaus asks. "I said I have no idea. How would you like me to take you to your father?" Stefan asks. "Well, it wouldn't be a party without the guest of honor, would it? Bring him to me." Klaus tells him "All right. Perhaps there's something in it for me...? My freedom from your compulsion?" Stefan bargains. "Oh, you want your freedom. Well, once he is dead and his weapon destroyed, you'll have your freedom. It'll be our pleasure to give it back." Klaus promises. Stefan nods and walks off, Klaus looks at Amity and puts an arm round her shoulders "It'll be alright." he tells her making her nod in response.