Chapter Thirteen

Amity stands watching as Klaus closes Rebekah's coffin "Sweet dreams Rebekah

Amity stands watching as Klaus closes Rebekah's coffin "Sweet dreams Rebekah. Show her to her room, would you, love?" he asks Mindy. "Sure." Mindy responds before wheeling the coffin away. Amity growls slightly as she sees Stefan leaning against the doorway "I'm surprised you're still in town. we gave you your freedom, you could have gone anywhere." Klaus remarks. "I live here, Klaus." Stefan responds. "Well, if we're playing this game, then... we were here first." Klaus responds. "You know, I don't like your hybrid friends. They're everywhere, kind of like fleas. I want them gone." Stefan tells them. "Yeah, well we kind of like having them around. You know, I'm hurt. I hoped that when I freed you, we'd pick up where we left off. But here you are, guzzling vervain like the rest of them, I'm sure. So much for friendship." Klaus tells him. "Friends don't strip friends of their free will." Stefan responds. "Okay, granted, yeah, that was a little extreme, but I get a little moody. Just ask our siblings. Speaking of whom, isn't it time you handed them over? As-well as the other two coffins?" Klaus asks. "Klaus, Amity, get your hybrids out of Mystic Falls or I will remove them myself." Stefan warns. "Hmm. You see, if you continue to threaten us, we're gonna be forced to retaliate. Kill people. And it will get messy again." Amity warns him. "Do whatever you want, I don't really care. Or you know what? Maybe I do. Maybe I care so much, that I'll drop Elijah in the Arctic." Stefan tells them. "Well, maybe I'll be willing to lose one brother if it meant killing yours." Klaus retorts. "Try me, let's find out." Stefan tells them. Mindy walks back in and looks at the three of them "Is everything okay?" she asks. "Everything is fine, Mindy. Stefan was just leaving after failing to make his point." Amity responds. Stefan waits a moment before grabbing a saw from the work bench he's next to, he rushes over to Mindy and cuts her head clean off with it "Well, one down. You may want to, ah, send the rest of them away before it gets messy, again." he tells the siblings before throwing the saw back on the table and leaving.

Daniel cleans up Mindy's body before walking over to Klaus and Amity with her head in a bag. What do you want me to do with her head?" he asks. "Just get rid of it. Burn it. We honestly don't care, Daniel." Klaus responds. Daniel walks out as Tyler enters "You called? I'm here. What happened?" he asks. "What happened is Stefan had two paths in front of him and he chose the one that made us angry. We need you to help us do something about that." Klaus explains. "Can't you just leave me out of it?" Tyler asks. "What would be the point in that?" Klaus asks him. "Seriously man, can't you just get one of your other hybrids to do your bidding? I lost my friends, my girlfriend." Tyler explains. "Right, your, uh, your girlfriend. Um, about her... We need you to bite her." Klaus tells him. "What?" Tyler asks in shock. "Don't make him repeat himself." Amity wishes. "A hybrid bite will kill a vampire." Tyler tells them. "Yeah. Yeah, we know exactly what it will do. Uh, Stefan pushed us too far, so we're pushing back." Klaus explains. "I'm not biting Caroline." Tyler argues. "Tyler, I've been supernaturally blessed with the good fortune of a sire bond to you. So, one could consider this me putting your undying loyalty to the test." Klaus explains. "What the hell is wrong with you? I'm not hurting Caroline." Tyler tells them. "All right. All right. I'm disappointed, but you know, it's your choice, free will and all that." Klaus tells him. "We'll find another way to strike at Stefan. You can go now." Amity tells Tyler who leaves.

Amity stands with Klaus in the Founders' Hall talking to Carol, Tyler's mother "You know Carol when I think of a mayor I think of an old fuddy-duddy, but you really have changed my perception!" Amity smiles

Amity stands with Klaus in the Founders' Hall talking to Carol, Tyler's mother "You know Carol when I think of a mayor I think of an old fuddy-duddy, but you really have changed my perception!" Amity smiles. "Oh, thank you!" Carol smiles. "I mean you are just delightful! What color are your eyes?" Klaus asks. "They are blue." Carol responds. "Oh yes, they are." Klaus smiles. Just then Damon joins them "Look at what the cat dragged in. Nice vest." he tells Klaus, Daniel standing behind Klaus and Amity. "Thank you very much, good to see you, Damon. Carol, Amity and I were discussing about whether you would be the other big benefactor." Klaus responds. "What do you say Damon? Amity and Klaus have made a very generous pledge. You know how we're chomping at the bit to begin the renovation." Carol tells him. " Carol, don't take this the wrong way, but do you realize that you've been kissing the ass of an immortal hybrid and an immortal tribrid who ruined your son's life?" Damon asks. "Oh, come now. Some would say that we saved it from all that nasty full moon business. We've never had to go through it more than twice, to be honest, but still, we're very sympathetic." Klaus tells him. "Amity and Klaus have promised to protect Tyler, Damon. And our town." Carol explains. "From who? Their hybrids are the one the town needs protection from." Damon retorts. "Well, we'd have no use for them if your brother would kindly return our family." Amity smiles sweetly. "Not gonna happen." Damon responds. "That's what we thought, which is why we've come to an agreement with the Mayor. You and the Council stay out of our hair, we stay out of yours. Your town gets protected, our hybrids get left alone and everybody will be happy. All you have to do is to get Stefan to stop decapitating our friends." Klaus explains. "Please Damon, just get your brother under control, or the Council will be forced to take action against him." Carol tells Damon. "You've gotta be kidding me!" he responds. "Oh come on mate. Give peace a chance." Klaus tells him.

After a while Adam drags the siblings into an empty room "What now? You just pulled us away from a fascinating conversation about landscaping the Town Square." Klaus asks. "Stefan just grabbed Elena." Damon explains. "Well, he's getting desperate." Amity says. "He's gonna try and use her against you. Do what he says, get rid of your hybrids." Damon tells them. "Or what? Stefan would never dream of killing her." Klaus responds. "You sure about that? He just tried to behead someone in the middle of a Council party. He's operating on crazy right now." Damon tells them. "Well, crazy or not, that kind of love never dies. He's bluffing." Amity says. "Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but if you don't want to believe him, believe me. I know my brother better than anyone, and right now, I don't have a clue how far he is willing to take this. So if he says blink, I suggest you blink." Damon warns.

A few minutes later Stefan calls Klaus "Stefan, how nice to hear your voice." Klaus says as he answers. "Tell your hybrids to get out of town." Stefan tells them. "Well that's not gonna happen until we get my coffins back." Klaus responds. "Okay, well then I'm gonna drive your blood source off Wickery Bridge." Stefan retorts. "I don't believe you Stefan. You won't kill her." Amity tells him. "No! No! No! What are you doing?" Elena splutters. "What's going on?" Klaus asks in concern. "I just fed her my blood. No more hybrids if she's a vampire." Stefan responds. "You won't do it." Amity says. "Really? Try me, because your coffins are next to go. Say goodbye to your family." Stefan responds. "Stefan, slow down! Stefan! Stefan, stop it!" Elena screams. "Fine, I'll send them away. You win." Klaus tells him. "Stefan! Stefan, stop!" Elena continues to scream. "Stop the car, Stefan!" Klaus shouts. They hear the car skid to a stop making Klaus hang up the phone, Amity bites her lip as she struggles not to cry. Klaus wraps his arms round her as she lets out a sob, just then Tyler walks in "I bit Caroline! I didn't want to but I did, you have to save her!" he exclaims. Klaus sighs and kisses the top of Amity's head "Take my sister home, I'll go pay Caroline a visit." he tells Tyler. Amity wipes her eyes and looks at Klaus "I'll be home soon Sister." Klaus promises before leaving.