Chapter Six

Amity hides with Klaus waiting for Klaus to give her the green light "Rudy

Amity hides with Klaus waiting for Klaus to give her the green light "Rudy. Rudy! Come on. It's too hot to make me come looking for you." a girl shouts walking out the house. Klaus nods at her and they quickly speed behind her. As she turns she jumps when she sees the siblings. "I am so sorry. We didn't mean to scare you." Klaus apologises in a fake American accent. "Can I help you?" she asks. "Yeah, our, uh, our car ran out of gas a couple miles back. I feel like we've been walking forever. Yours is the first house we've come to, so I was just hoping we could use your phone." Amity explains in an equally fake American accent. "Don't either of you have a cell phone?" she asks. "Heh. Yeah. Battery's died. Look, I promise we're not serial killers. We just want to use your phone." Klaus tells her. "Sure." she responds. "So... We can come in?" Amity asks. "No. I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you." the girl tells them. "I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting." Klaus says making Amity nod. "I'm from Florida." she responds. "Well, that explains it." Amity sighs before speeding forwards and grabbing her by her neck. "Now show my brother and I a little Southern hospitality." she compels.

The siblings follow her inside the house "I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning." the girl from inside comments turning to see Klaus and Amity with her friend. "What's going on?" she asks. "Please don't be alarmed. We're told Ray Sutton lives here." Klaus explains. "He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly." she responds. "But I expect he makes it home... Once a month." Amity smiles making the girl freeze slightly. "That's what I thought. Where is he now?" Klaus asks. She doesn't answer making Amity sigh "If we have to make you tell me, it's going to be infinitely more painful for you." she tells her. Klaus smiles at them, the girl runs and tries to leave but Stefan stops her at the front door. Klaus and Amity take the girl from outside and join them "I love it when they run." Klaus smiles making Amity nod in agreement. "He's in Tulley. It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort. It's off Highway 41." the girl tells them. "Thank you, my love. Now... May my friend come in your home?" Klaus compels the first girl. "Yes." she responds making Stefan enter the house. "Kill this one quickly. Make that one suffer. We'll be in the car." Klaus says before giving Amity his arm and walking out with her. As they hear the screams they smile "We heading to the bar next, brother?" Amity asks. "That we are sister." Klaus responds kissing her head and opening the car door for her.

Sitting at a table, Amity waits with Klaus for Ray to arrive "Boooooooored!" Amity groans putting her head on Klaus' shoulder. "Well looks like you won't be for long." Klaus smiles as a man walks in "What's up, Ray?" the barman asks making Amity perk up. "Hey, Red. Can I get a beer?" Ray asks. Klaus and Amity stand up and join him at the bar "Ray? Ray Sutton?" Klaus asks. "Who wants to know?" Ray responds. "We've been looking everywhere for you. We started in Florida, Pensacola. We met a young chap there who you worked with you before you moved to Memphis. Now he directed us to two lovely young women. And they led us here." Klaus tells him. "I think I'll be going." Ray says. "Not so fast, mate." Klaus says stopping him. "You only just got here. Now your type are very hard to come by." Amity smiles. Ray goes to leave again but is stopped by Stefan "I wouldn't do that" he tells the werewolf pushing him back down. "Vampires." Ray realises. "You're swifty swift, Ray. Yes, our friend here is a vampire. He's compelled everyone in the bar, so don't look to them for any help. My sister and I however... we're something else. A different kind of monster. We've got some vampire, we've got some wolf." Klaus smiles. "A...what?" Ray asks. "A hybrid, Ray. We... are both. You see, we want to create more of us. Now, you being the first werewolf we've come across in many a moon, pun intended, Ray, heh, we need you to direct us to your pack." Klaus tells him. "So... Where can we find them, Ray?" Amity asks him. "You can't compel me, it won't work." Ray tells them. Stefan looks at the bartender "I need a scotch on the rocks, please." he says as he takes out a small baggy "Ahem. Tell you what, Ray. We're going to play a little drinking game. Something I like to call truth or wolfsbane." he says taking some wolfsbane out of the bag. "Oh, this is going to be fun, Ray." Klaus smiles.

Amity rests her head on Klaus' shoulder while Stefan throws wolfsbane dipped darts at Ray, the man screams making the two siblings look over and smile "Ray, you can end this right now. Just tell me where your pack gathers for the full moon." Stefan tells him. "I can't." Ray responds. "I know, I know, you live by a code and all that. But see, he's not going to let me stop until you tell me and I do whatever they say. That's the way it goes around here." Stefan explains. Claudine walks in and over to the siblings "Hello Mr Klaus, Miss Amity. I have some information for you. He told me to tell you that he saw that guy's brother Damon at the farmhouse." she tells them. "Well, thank you, Claudine. You just tell your friends to keep up the good work with the neighborhood watch, huh?" Klaus smiles. Amity smiles at the lady as she walks away "My brother's still on our trail?" Stefan asks walking over. "He's getting closer. I'm going to have to deal with that." Klaus responds. "No, no, no. Let me handle it." Stefan tells the,. "Why should we let you leave?" Amity asks. "Cause you know I'll come back." Stefan replies. "Do we?" Klaus asks. "You saved my brother's life. I'm in your service." Stefan tells them. "Oh, that almost sounds so tedious and indentured. Aren't you even having the least bit of fun?" Amity asks pouting. "I'll make sure that my brother doesn't bother us anymore." Stefan says before leaving. "I'm having a nap, I'm bored." Amity sighs. "I'll wake you in a bit." Klaus smiles kissing her head. Amity nods and goes over to the sofa in the corner, lying on it and falling asleep almost instantly.

Waking up to Klaus brushing her hair away from her face, Amity sits up and spots Ray on the pool table "It's time little sister." he tells her. Amity smiles and jumps up "Ok, it's a three step process, right? This is step one. I want you to drink from my wrist." Klaus starts explaining to Ray. "I already told you where to find the pack. What more do you want from me?" Ray asks. "Have you been listening to what we've been saying, Ray? We have great plans for you." Klaus tells him as he cuts his wrist and makes him drink his blood. "You'll thank us for it later, heh." Amity smirks as Stefan walks back in. "What are you going to do now?" Ray asks. "It's time for step two, Ray." Klaus responds giving Amity a nod. Smiling Amity kills him before she and Klaus look at Stefan "You're back." Klaus comments. "Did you doubt me?" Stefan retorts. "Not for a second. I knew you'd pass the test. You still care for your brother, for your old life." Klaus remarks. "I don't care about anything anymore." Stefan responds. "You put on a good show, Stefan. We almost believe you. Let's hope, for your brother's sake, he does. You never stop caring about family, do you? But every time you feed, the blood makes it easier to let go." Amity smiles.