Chapter Nine

Amity pulls a dress of a rack and passes through the curtain to Rebekah "Try this

Amity pulls a dress of a rack and passes through the curtain to Rebekah "Try this." she tells her twin before grabbing a glass of champagne and sitting next to Klaus. "There has to be more to this dress." Rebekah says after a minute. "There's not." Amity tells her. Rebekah opens the curtain to eve as herself in the short black dress Amity passed her "So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, Amity and I got dirty looks for wearing trousers." she says. "You two wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." Klaus responds. "And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident." Rebekah asks. "It's dance music." Stefan tells her. "People dance to this?" Rebekah questions. "Hmm." Stefan nods. "Are we done?" Klaus asks. "And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah asks him. "I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it." Klaus responds. "I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years." Rebekah retorts before looking at Stefan "So what do you think?" she asks, motioning to the dress. "I like it. What? I said I like it." Stefan responds. "I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan." Rebekah responds before going back into the fitting room. Amity groans and leans into Klaus who looks at Stefan "Nice one. Good work." he tells her. "You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her." Stefan responds. "I heard that." Rebekah calls. "All right. I'm going to get some fresh air." Stefan says standing up and walking out as Klaus pours himself and Amity more champagne.

Later Amity sits drinking a glass of rum as Gloria works on trying to find where the necklace is, Stefan walks in making Rebekah look at him "You left us." she pouts. "Yeah, sorry. Retail therapy was making my head explode." Stefan responds. "Tell me about it." Klaus remarks. Stefan looks at Gloria "What's she doing?" he asks. "She's failing." Klaus responds. "It's hard to find something when you don't have anything to go on. Why don't you get Amity to do it if you're so irritated?" Gloria asks. "Because the witch who it belonged to didn't get along well with me." Amity tells her. "So use me. I only wore it for a thousand years." Rebekah tells Gloria. "See? Now this one offers a solution." Gloria says as Rebekah sits on the table "All right, give me your hand, sweetheart." she tells her. Rebekah gives her her hand "She's, uh, she's looking for the necklace, huh?" Stefan asks. "I can sense something. Anta Cotis Syrum, Anta Cotis Syrum..." Gloria says before releasingRebekah's hand and looking at Klaus and Stefan "I found it." she tells them. "So where is it?" Rebekah asks. "It doesn't work like that." Amity tells her sister. "I get images. There's a girl with her friends..." Gloria says. "Yes, a dead girl with dead friends, if I don't get my necklace back." Rebekah tells her getting angry. "Well, I'll have to dive back in to get the details." Gloria says. "So dive." Klaus orders. "I need more time. And space. You're harshing my ju-ju." Gloria tells Klaus. "We can wait." he tells her. "I'm sure you can. But that's not what I asked." Gloria responds. "Hey. Hey, you know, why don't we just come back later. I'm hungry anyway. I'll let you pick who we eat." Stefan says before going to the door. Klaus looks at his sisters before leading them out, Amity gives Gloria a look before she leaves.

Amity licks a bit of blood off her lip "My girl's dead. I'm bored." Rebekah says from the crate she's sat on. Klaus looks at Stefan "You weren't kidding about being hungry." he tells him. "Yeah. It's been a long day." Stefan responds. "Try being related to her." Klaus tells him. "Try being her twin." Amity adds making Klaus laugh. "You're being mean. And why are you being mean? You used to love me." Rebekah asks Stefan. "It's been ninety years, Rebekah. Give him a minute." Klaus tells her. "Why are you taking his side?" she asks. "Because, my dear sister, I feel pity for any man who doesn't give you what you want." Klaus responds. Amity smiles slightly "Will you stop making me out to be a brat? I am not a brat!" Rebekah exclaims. "A thousand years of life experience says otherwise." Amity retorts. "Well, you and Klaus are no picnic, either. I mean, I've only spent one summer with you and I feel like I want to blow my head off." Stefan tells them making Rebekah laugh. "Fantastic." she smiles. Stefan drops the dead girl he was feeding from on the ground "I need to go." he says before standing up and walking out of the warehouse. "Where's he going?" Rebekah asks. "To write a name on a wall. It's a long story." Klaus responds. "Aw." Amity whines with a pout. "What?" Klaus asks. "She got blood on my shirt." she responds, still posting. "I'll buy you a new one." Klaus responds with a smile.

Later on Amity walks into the main warehouse with Rebekah to find Stefan looking at the coffins holding their brothers "You're back. Finally. Nik went to check on the witch." Rebekah tells him before looking at the coffins "Dreary, isn't it? The family cargo." she asks. "Hmm. Why don't you undagger them?" Stefan asks. "Because he would hunt me down and kill me. He's a vindictive little bastard, my brother." Rebekah responds. "But you still care about him. Why?" he asks. "Well, I hated him for a long time. It was exhausting." Rebekah explains. "Amity?" Stefan asks. "Like I said in the 20's, Nik has always been the one constant in my life." Amity tells him. Rebekah sits on one of the coffins, Stefan joining her "You know, when I met you three, you were all on the run." he comments making Amity freeze. "Also exhausting." Rebekah tells him trying to steer away from the topic. "Who were you running from?" Stefan asks them. "What do you mean?" Rebekah asks. "Last night I saw you, there was a man looking for you. You both seemed afraid. Amity even more so. I just... I wouldn't think Klaus would be afraid of anybody." Stefan remarks. "No one in this world is truly fearless, Stefan. Not even Niklaus." Rebekah tells him. "Who was that man?" Stefan asks. Amity clenches her fists, fighting the urge to punch Stefan "I can't. Please." Rebekah tells Stefan standing up and holding Amity's hand, looking her in the eyes making Amity nod.

"If Nik knew we were talking about this, he would..." Rebekah starts. "No, no, no, I'm sorry." Stefan apologises getting up "Just forget I asked. Okay?" he tells them. "He told me about the girl you loved. The one that died. He also told me that you're only with him because he saved your brother." Rebekah tells Stefan. "It's true." Stefan nods. "I think he secretly admires that about you. You'd sacrifice anything for family. Don't tell him I told you that." Rebekah says as Amity goes and sits in a crate, watching her sister and Stefan. " Your secret... is safe with me." Stefan tells her going to turn away. Rebekah stops him and pulls him into a kiss "Do you think you'll ever love anyone like you loved that girl?" she asks. "One day, maybe." Stefan responds making Amity roll her eyes. "I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan." Rebekah tells him. "What? I'm not..." Stefan starts. "Don't bother. Your kiss already gave you away." Rebekah tells him. Just then Klaus storms into the room "Gloria's gone. She's cleared out. We need to find a new witch immediately." he tells them, stopping when he notices the looking on Amity's face and the way Rebekah and Stefan are looking at each other "What's going on?" he asks. "Something's wrong. He was asking about Mikael. He's not with us, Nik. I can sense it." Rebekah explains, Amity flinching at the name. "She's wrong. Klaus..." Stefan tells him. Klaus ignores this and speeds over, breaking his neck "Get him in the back of the truck. We're heading back to Mystic Falls." he tells one of his minions. Amity jumps of the crate and picks up one of the chairs before throwing it at the wall while screaming, Klaus rushes over and pulls her into a hug "Hey, look at me. We'll find out what he's hiding." he tells her. Amity nods and hides her face in her brother's chest while crying softly making Klaus pick her up and carry her to the truck.

Once back in Mystic Falls Amity and Klaus climb in the back of the truck and watch Stefan as he wakes up, he looks at them "Just give me a chance to explain myself, okay?" he asks. "No need. I'm not mad, I'm just curious. Rebekah seems to think you're holding onto something. A piece of your old life. The thing is, she's got flawless instincts, borderline supernatural. So I thought I would check it out. See for myself what it is you've been hiding. Welcome back to Mystic Falls, Stefan." Klaus tells him, opening the back of the truck to reveal the town square.