Chapter Twenty-Four

Amity sits at the bar in the Grill with Klaus, Nico having a day out with Magnus and Alec

Amity sits at the bar in the Grill with Klaus, Nico having a day out with Magnus and Alec. The two siblings watch as Rebekah walks over and puts a car key on the counter top in front of Matt "What's that?" he asks her. "The key to your new truck. It's parked outside, paid for, insured, everything but a big red bow." Rebekah tells him. "If that's your idea of an apology, you should probably give it to Elena. She's the one that you killed." Matt responds, walking off. Rebekah looks at Klaus and Amity as they look at her "You're trying too hard." Klaus tells her. Rebekah looks away then looks back at him "Last I heard you were leaving town, forever." she retorts. "Well I was but then I thought to myself how can I when my sister, clearly so desperate for love and affection, is left here bribing the help." Klaus responds, standing up and walking over to Rebekah. Amity rolls her eyes and finishes her drink, standing up herself and walking over to her twin and older brother "What do you want Nik? I thought I was dead to you." Rebekah asks him. "Things change Rebekah. Amity and I have stumbled upon something I think might be of interest to you." Klaus explains. "Doubt that." she retorts. "No? Well, what if we told you the brotherhood of The Five still existed." Amity asks her twin with a smirk. "What?" Rebekah asks. "You see, and like that bygones. Come on love, work to do." Klaus tells her. "We don't have anything to do. There is no we. I don't care about The Five and I don't care about you." Rebekah retorts. "As you wish." Klaus tells her, leading Amity out.

Back at the house, Amity follows her brother into the room he has Connie chained up in "Looks like we'll have to beef up the hybrid security detail." Klaus says, Stefan walking out of the shadows. "I was gonna take him, but I figured you went through such trouble to truss him up in your red room of pain." he explains. "It's from the Inquisition. I thought it was a nice touch." Klaus tells him. "What'd you get out of him?" Stefan asks. "Not enough. He's mum about the Council fire and he's not saying anything about this greater evil we're all supposed to be shivering over. What brings you snooping?" Klaus asks. "Well, I can't say it in front of him. As I'm sure you've figured out, our friend here can't be compelled." Stefan responds. "You're full of mysteries, aren't you?" Amity asks Connor. "I told you, I don't know anything." he retorts. "Thankfully, my sister and I know plenty." Klaus tells him, leaving the room with Amity and gesturing for Stefan to follow "Shall we?" he asks. Stefan stares at Connor for a few more seconds before following Klaus out, Klaus shutting the door before turning to Stefan "So, what's with the home invasion?" he asks. "Damon said you knew something about this guy. Now, I should have figured out that you were up to something when you healed Elena from the werewolf poison without asking for anything in return." Stefan responds. "I was feeling benevolent." Klaus tells him.

"You're never benevolent. Who is this guy? What's the Five?" Stefan asks. "So many questions." Amity smirks. "It's a good thing I have nothing to do today, except get answers out of you." Stefan says, sitting down and looking at the siblings. "Fine. You might actually be useful in persuading my sister to cooperate." Klaus tells him, walking into a different room. Amity follows him and pours herself a drink, smiling when Raphael walks in "What you doing back? I thought you were having fun with your new daylight ring, after that bitch Camille stole your last one." she tells him. "I was but I decided to come back after sensing something was off." Raphael explains, eyeing Stefan slightly. Amity nods, downing her drink before sitting down with Raphael "The brotherhood of the Five was a group of highly skilled vampire hunters. We crossed paths with them in the 12th century Italy. My siblings and I had followed the Normans as they conquered the South. Feeding, turning people as we went. with the bloodshed came exposure." Klaus tells Stefan. "So these hunters have been around for nine hundred years?" Stefan asks. "No shot." Raphael whispers to Amity, making the Original chuckle quietly. "Apparently. Though our friend in the other room is the first I've seen since then. Kind of makes you wonder what they've been up to all these years." Klaus tells Stefan.