Rather sleep than stay awake

Lavender was reading through a selection of books, learning about things that would have been considered nonsense in her time.

Lavender stumbled upon a book of old nursery rhymes and children's stories. The original stories.

One of these were;

A ring-a ring of roses,
A lap full of posies,
Awake! Awake!
Now come and make
A ring- a ring of roses.

She doodled a couple drawings, mostly of birds and cats.

Eventually, she took a nap on the bed since she had no remaining will to stay awake anymore (same happened to me, only it was math homework and I drained the will to live instead)

Lavender had a dream of herself writing in a thick leather book in a tree.

She set down the book and hopped off the tree.

She looked to the right and saw a small Villegas she could have sworn was not there before. She walked over to the small village before she realized something.

'Jesus Christ I'm not wearing my doctor's uniform'

Instead, she wore a white lace dress with her brunette hair down.

She walked down the streets as she saw the townsfolk coughing and slowly dying to the plague.

She walked down to the center of town to see a tall plague doctor with the standard robes and beaked mask.

He turned to Lavender and asked her "you there! I'm looking for an assistant, do you have any medical experience?"

"I do" Lavender said as she nodded.

"Oh- wow, I didn't think i would get and assistant that easily, anyways, I'll go get you your robes" the figure said.

Minutes later, Lavender was fitted with yet again her robes and mask.

"Ah, where are my manners? The name's Shade" he said.

"Lavender Bells" Lavender replied.

"Wonderful name" Shade complimented.

They started their first operations together and Lavender began to impress Shade with her skills.

They spent the rest of the day walking and discussing matters.

Lavender saw something between the trees, someone with void black eyes, white skin and red streaks that looked like there was blood from their eyes, like some kind of mask was watching them.

"Did you see that?" Lavender asked as she turned to Shade.

"See what?" Shade asked

"Tha- oh, it's gone" Lavender said as she pointed to where she last saw the figure.

"Do you have a home?" Shade asked as Lavender paused for a second and shook her head.

"Oh, well good thing this town give us free homes" Shade said.

"Doctor privileges, amiright?" Lavender commented as they both laughed.

They walked into a small home, 2 bedrooms for them and a single unoccupied bedroom. Also a kitchen and all that jazz.

Lavender was drinking herbal tea when she spotted the same person outside watching her.

She got up, but as soon as she blinked it fled.

Lavender woke up shortly after lmao ima keep doing this as like little side stories