Race night Part 1

Daryn POV:

"Daryn wake up" my brother Justin said as he shook me.

"Just five more minutes Bro" I groaned once he stopped shaking me.

"I didn't want it to come to this but you left me no choice D" he said sighing. I didn't have the chance to ask him what he meant because the next thing I knew I had a bucket of ice water dumped on me.

"What the hell, what the fuck was that for Shawn?" I screamed as I saw mine and my brother's friend Shawn standing there with the bucket in his hands. He didn't answer though because him and Justin where laughing their asses off.

"Sorry Daryn Chief made me." Shawn told me once he stopped laughing.

"Why must y'all bother me I just want sleep." I complained as I got out of my now soaked bed.

"It's race night, are you coming with us or not?" My brother asked, looking at me.

"Shit, yeah I'm coming" I said as I scrambled around grabbing stuff to change into. I went to my bathroom and changed into a black short sleeved shirt and blue tight fitting ripped jeans. I dried my red and black hair (thanks to Shawn completely soaking me) and put it into a high pony tail. I went downstairs and saw Justin searching for his shoe. He looked up at me and I already knew what he was gonna ask me before he even said anything.

"In the kitchen" I said as I pointed to the kitchen and sat on the couch. Shawn sat beside me and laughed.

"Remind me again, which one of you is older?" He asked laughing.

"Unfortunately, Justin" I said sighing. He just kept laughing.

"So is the Murder Nova ready for tonight?" I asked him.

"The Murder Nova is always ready." He said real cocky.

"Hey don't get to cocky, don't forget Karma's a bitch." I told him and he instantly shut up.

"Come on guys let's get going" Justin said as he came back. We went out and Justin and Shawn each got in their trucks, both of which had their enclosed trailers attached. I went and climbed in to my truck. It's a black 2014 Dodge Dakota lifted up high. We went to the spot and got out. The moment i got out of my truck, I was hugged from behind. I turned around and my best friend Caytlin was standing there. She hugged me again.

"Daryn I haven't seen you in forever." She said excited as she continued to squeeze me.

"Cayt (said like Kate) I literally was just at your place yesterday, also I thought that you car was in the shop, how the hell did you get here?" I asked her. As I said that I saw one of the racers, and Justin's friend (and mine too, I get along pretty well with my brother's friends), Ryan Martin come up behind her.

"She came into the shop asking if one of us could give her a ride over, I was just about ready to come anyway so I told her that I could." He said. At this point, Caytlin finally let go of me.

"On a scale of one to ten, one being not crazy and ten being Azn crazy, how crazy was she?" I asked him.

"Four" he replied.

"Hey Daryn do you want to be the flagger for the first race?" Justin asked as he came over.

"Hey Chief" Caytlin said to him.

"Depends, who are the first two guys?" I asked him.

"Dave and Shawn" he answered.

"Aw hell no I'll watch at distance thank you, all I wanna do is race" I told him.
~After all the race's~
"Hey Daryn, we're all heading to Chief and Shawn's shop, wanna come with us?" Ryan came over and asked me.

"Yeah sure, I got nothing better to do." I replied as I headed for my truck I realized it wasn't there. "What the fuck, where did my truck go?" I asked looking at Ryan hoping he had answers.

"Caytlin took it I tried to stop her but somehow she had the keys." He said looking at me. I patted my pockets and sure enough, my keys where gone.

"Oh my fucking god how the hell did she manage to get the keys from me they were in the back pocket of my jeans!" I exclaimed, looking at Ryan with shear disbelief.

"I swear that girl is magic" Ryan said as he shook his head, laughing.

"Well since Caytlin took my truck, can I get a ride with you?" I asked him. I really didn't want to walk all the way to Midwest.

"Of course hop in." He said smiling as he got in his truck. I got in the passenger side.

We drove to Midwest, talking here and there about random things. Ryan stopped the truck and we got out.

"Hey Daryn before we go in you gotta cover your eyes" Ryan told me as he came over to me.

"Zach Herron better be in that garage" I said as I covered my eyes. Ryan put his hands over my eyes to make sure I wasn't peeking. He led me over to what I assume was the garage and I heard him open a door.

"Ryan your not gonna murder me right?" I asked him truly afraid now. He laughed.

"No Daryn we're in the shop I promise." He said.

"Ok open your eyes sis" I heard Justin say. At that moment, Ryan took his hands off my eyes when I looked I couldn't believe my eyes.

What do y'all think was in the garage. Sorry for leaving it at a cliff hanger I'll put the next chapter up soon. Thank you lovlies for reading this chapter 😘

Written: 03/28/21