Go carts and cookouts

(Daryn's shirt)
~the next morning~
Daryn POV:

When I wake up Ryan's not there so either he fell asleep on the couch or he got up before I did. I get dressed for the day, throw my hair up in a messy bun, and head downstairs. The moment I step off the stairs I'm greeted by a kid that looks about three years old. I pick him up and walk to the kitchen.

"Hey babe, who's this cutie?" I ask and Ryan turns around from cooking breakfast to look at me.

"That would be Dax, his mother dropped him off this morning at seven saying that since I didn't take him when we were in Memphis I need to spend time with my kid, I hope you don't mind that he's here." Ryan says as he puts eggs and sausages on three plates.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about that." I say as I sit Dax down in his chair.  I sit in mine and look at my husband.

"About what?" He asks.

"Dax." I say.

""What's on your mind?" He asks and I take a deep breath.

"I know that I can't replace his birth mom but I do want to be a part of his life. I've always loved children but when I was 19 I was told that I would not be able to have my own children. Honestly we may have only been married for a couple days but I do want to be there for him just like his actual mother will be. I want to see him grow up and be just like his dad, cause I swear to god, if he grows up to be like his mom lord help us all." I tell Ryan.

"Of course I would love if you'd be interested in being a part of Dax's life." He says and I smile.

"That is, if you want me to." I ask Dax and he nods his head.

"Course I do." He says and I smile, he's just so dang cute.

"We should do something fun today, just the three of us." I say and Ryan looks at me.

"I was thinking about going go carting." Ryan says.

"Yay!!" Me and Dax exclaim at the same time and I start laughing.

"Well it seems like my kid and my kid at heart agree." Ryan says and I laugh harder.

"Let's go, we're taking your truck." I say and he laughs.

"Yeah that sounds about right." He says. I get Dax in his car seat then close the door and get in the front seat.

"Dang, you really wanna go go carting huh?" Ryan asks and I nod.

"Me and Justin used to go cart all the time, it's actually how we first got into racing." I tell him on the way.

"That's cool, I want my little guy to have so many good memories to remember when he's older." Ryan says and I laugh.

"I'ma be honest, he's only three but I already know that he's gonna be the next Mr.fireball." I say and Ryan laughs.

"That's not a bad thing." He says and I laugh. We get to the go cart track and we head in.

~Time skip~

"I won i won i won!" Dax exclaims as we walk out of the building.

"I'm number five on the list of the fastest street racers in America and I just got beat by a three year old in a go cart race, how on earth did that happen?" I ask.

"That three year old is the son of the number one racer on that list." Ryan says and I kick him in shin.

"Says the one who came in third in the races." I say as he grabs his leg where I kicked him.

"Hey third isn't that bad." He says.

"Man there was only three of us." I say and he sticks his tongue out at me. I stick my tongue out back at him. We get in the truck and head home.