Out in Memphis

~one month later~
Daryn POV:
I'm currently packing for a road trip. That's right, we're heading to Memphis. I was hoping to race but... well yeah I don't have a car and I'm still not allowed to drive. I can move around a little better but certain things I do still hurt. Me and Ryan have been amazing, I never thought that I would be calling my best friend my boyfriend but yesterday was our one month anniversary.

"Hey you almost ready?" I hear Justin say from behind me.

"Yeah but uh... you and Jackie can head out, Ryan's gonna drive me." I say and my brother smiles like an idiot again.

"I'm so glad you're happy sis."

"He really does make me happy, I don't know what I would do without him." I tell Justin smiling.

"You make me happy too." I hear a third voice say. I look at my door and Ryan's standing there.

"trepadora." I say and Justin laughs.

"Ummmmm..." Ryan says, confused.

"She said creeper, damn sis when did you get so fluent in Spanish?" Justin asks me.

"I took Spanish class all throughout high school you seriously don't remember?" I ask him and he looks at me.

"Daryn you graduated ten years ago, do you think I remember what classes you took?" He asks and I laugh.

"Are y'all seriously gonna pretend like my girlfriend didn't just call me a creeper?" Ryan says from the door where he's standing.

"No seas niño." I tell him.

"Don't be a baby." Justin translates.

"You're lucky I love you." I hear him mumble. I walk over to him and give him a quick kiss.

"I love you too baby, I hope you know I was just joking." I tell him.

"I know." He says.

~time skip~

We arrive in Memphis and the moment we get to the hotel I get the key for mine and Ryan's room and flop on the bed the moment the doors open. Ryan gets a call and I look at him, I can only here one side of the conversation but it's weird.

"Hello..... I can't I'm in Memphis..... oh my god can't you..... how the fuck did you even get my number..... look I got to go..... lose my number..... bye." He hangs up and I finally speak up.

"Who was that?" I ask and he looks at me.

"My ex." He says rolling his eyes.

"What did she want?" I ask him.

"Nothing important." He says.

"Ooook then, let's get ready for the race." I say and he nods. As we're getting ready I tell him something that's been on my mind for a while.

"I never did like her, she always acted like she was entitled to get whatever she wanted." I say and he looks at me.

"She always calls me when I'm out of town, trying to get me to watch Dax." He says and I look at him questioningly.

"Who's Dax?" I ask him and the look on his face changes from annoyance to panic.

"No one." He says really quickly.

"Ryan. Who. Is. Dax?" I ask again as I stand up and he sighs.

"My son." He says.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask quietly, trying not to cry.

"I didn't want to hurt you." He says reaching for my hand. I pull away and step back.

"Lo que duele más es que no sintieras que podías decirme la verdad." I say and then I remember that he doesn't understand Spanish.