The crash

~a week later because nothing happens~

Daryn POV:

"Daryn let's go." I hear my brother yell from downstairs.

"Sorry, I'm coming." I tell him as I run down the stairs. I grab my keys and head to my truck, my trailer already attached. We head to the spot and I get there just after my brother.

"So are you excited for tonight?" My brother asks me as I come over to him.

"Hell yeah." I tell him and he laughs.

"Drivers meeting!" He yells and I wince.

"Goddammit Justin that was my ear." I tell him. As I'm standing waiting for the rest of the 405 to get their asses over here, Ryan comes over and puts his arm around my shoulders. I don't really think about it too much seeing as he's my best friend.

"Ok do we have any callouts for tonight?" He asks and Ryan drops his arm from my shoulder and steps forward.

"I'd like to call Monza out for the number one spot." He says and Monza shakes his hand.

"A grand?" He asks Ryan.

"Sounds good." Ryan says as he comes back to stand next to me.

"Anyone else?" Justin asks. This time I step forward and I think Kamikaze instantly understands what I'm doing.

"Kamikaze, I'd like to call you out for the number eight spot." I tell him and he nods.

"Yeah I saw that coming, a grand?" He asks.

"That's good." I say as I step back. Everyone finishes their callouts then I head to my trailer.

"Sis you don't know how proud I am of you." I hear Justin say as he comes in. I turn around and walk over to him. I hug him and smile.

"Thanks bro, you don't know how much it means to me to hear you say that." I tell him.

"After everything went down with you and Trevor, I always want to make sure that my baby sister is safe because if I lost you I don't know what I would do." He tells me.

"Then why'd you start letting me race?" I ask him.

"Because I knew it was wrong to try to keep you away from what you love." He says and I look at him.

"Bro not to ruin the moment or anything but shouldn't you be flagging?" I ask him.

"Dave's doing it for this race." He responds.

"Ok second question, can you tune my car Ryan's kinda busy you know, racing." I say and he laughs.

"Sure." He tells me going over to my laptop. He brings it to the car and does some stuff while I get ready. He closes the laptop and looks at me.

"Good luck Dar." He says as I put my helmet on. I head out to the starting line and Kamikaze is already there. I do my burnout then Ryan backs me up. Dave pulls us both up then hits the light. We were neck and neck the whole time and when we finish I'm unsure who won, then I hear the walkie talkie.

"Daryn by half a fender." Holy shit I won, I'm number eight now! Kamikaze comes up to me and hugs me. I put my fist under my mouth like a microphone.

"So Christopher how does it feel to lose a race to a girl, and your best friend." I ask and put my hand by his face. He glares at me for a second then smiles.

"Better than losing to a newbie I hate." He says and I put my hand down and look at him.

"Chris you may not hate me but I am a newbie, this is only my second race night." I tell him and he thinks for a moment.