Birthday party

~One year later~
Daryn POV:

"Ryan we have to get ready for Briar's birthday party."

"Why does she even need a full blown party, she's 1 she ain't gonna remember any of it."

"That doesn't matter, she's my baby I don't like attention on my birthday but I love to give attention on the birthdays of the ones I love." I tell him. I'm grabbing my vans when I hear my baby crying in the other room.

"At least your a good mother, and wife." He says coming in the room as I'm bouncing Briar up and down on my leg.

"Hey your the one who put a ring on it a year ago." I tell him laughing.

"Sometimes I wonder what the hell I was thinking that day." He says but I can tell he's joking.

"And I wonder what I was thinking that day when I said yes." I tell him with a look.

"Wow, using my own jokes against me." He tells me laughing. Briar starts laughing too and I smile.

"Guess she likes it when daddy laughs." I say and she smiles.

"Daddy." She says smiling and I look at her with the same shocked expression as Ryan.

"Did she just-"

"Yeah she did."

"She's definitely going to be a Daddy's girl." I tell him as she holds her arms out to him. He picks her up off my lap smiling like crazy. He is just so proud of Briar no matter what, she's his little princess.

"Wil you get her dressed for me while I go wake up Dax and make us breakfast?" I ask Ryan as I stand up and he nods.

"You do know how to dress her, right?" I ask him.

"My brain isn't all race cars you know Daryn." He says as I'm waking out the door.

"I disagree with that and I know Javier would too." I say before leaving the room.

"Dax honey, wake up." I say as I open his door and he tosses a little bit before sitting up.

"I'm up Daryn." He says and I smile. He climbs out of bed and comes over to me.

"Can I help you?" He asks.

"With what bud?" I ask him.

"Breakfast." He says and I pick him up.

"Of course little man, come on we'll do it while dad is getting Briar dressed." I say as I carry him down the stairs. When I sit him down so I can grab something to make he follows behind me.

"What do you think about sausages and eggs?" I ask him.

"Yeah!" He says all happy and I smile. I grab the stuff and start cooking. When I'm done I go to put it all on the plates but I accidentally drop one.

"Shit." I say as I go to pick it up then hear a voice behind me.

"Shit." Dax says and I turn around.

"Ok so that was my fault but don't say that again, ok little man?" I ask him and he nods.

"Honey." I call and she comes padding over.

"Ryan's gonna be mad but here, want the sausage?" I ask her showing her the sausage and she happily takes it then heads back to where she was formerly sleeping on the living room floor. Ryan comes down with Briar and he looks at me.

"What I miss?" He asks.

"Well we have another first today." I tell him.

"Which is?"

"First swear word." I say pointing to Dax who's giving his dad a toothy grin.

"Oh lord." He says.

"It may or may not have been my fault." I tell him. He goes to say something else but is interrupted by the doorbell.

"Can you make Briar her bottle?" I ask as I head to the door. I open it only to be ingulfed in a hug by a bear.

"Holy shit Justin I need to breath." I gasp and he lets go of me and casually walks into the house. I think the day I moved in with Ryan and he said make yourself at home Justin thought he was talking to him cause he will just like walk in make himself food then sit down and eat as though he lives here.

"Guess who said her first word today." I tell Justin as I walk over to him and Ryan and on que Briar giggles in Ryan's arms.

"Really?" Justin asks and I nod.

"Was it Justin?" He asks hopeful and I shake my head no.

"Nope big bro, it was Daddy." I tell him and he still smiles.

"Eh, can't sue me for hoping." He says as he takes Briar into his own arms. Once everyone else is here and the party has started I look over to see a face that I don't want to.

"Hey Ryan?" I ask walking over to him.

"Yeah Dar?" He asks.

"What the hell is she doing here?" I ask pointing at his ex who's standing in the corner conversing with Monza.

"That's a good question." He says and I sigh.

"She was supposed to come get Dax today wasn't she?" I ask and he face palms.

"Yup." He says flatly.

"Guess she's a guest now." I say rolling my eyes. A few hours later as the sun's starting to set I stand on the deck and just look out at our friends and family members standing around enjoying Briars birthday. Eventually Ryan comes behind me and slings his arm around my shoulder.

"We have such incredible friends." He says and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"We have such an incredible family." I tell him and I cam feel his smile.

"Only cause your an amazing mom." He says and I blush but look up.

"Your better then you think." I tell him. A few hours later the sun has well set and its starting to get chilly so once everyone leaves I bring Briar to bed and head to bed myself.

A/N: PLEASE READ
I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm so so sorry yall. I have been so so busy with school and even more recently because there was a positive covid case in my school and I might have been in close contact plus I only have 19 classes (which I'm pretty sure will be all online) until exams, but enough of my sad story. I hope yall liked the chapter and thank you so much for almost 500 reads it means a lot to me!! Also this is the last official chapter of this book but I'll have a prologe which will be when Briar is a little older but it's going to be pretty short, probably 350 words at most. Also if you loved this book go check out some of my other books I have published!! That's all for now but I'll make sure to have the prologe done up soon, no waiting like you did for this chapter!