London System

"Crime is common. Logic is rare."

Arthur Conan Doyle

---

7 years later

In a small room, two detectives look at the papers in their hands and discuss. One of them is a tall, thin-eyed, quiet-looking man wearing glasses. The other is a middle-aged man with a short, fat, bald head and strange mustache. 

The two are tired of searching for the crime they have been investigating for days. Cigarette smoke makes the room almost invisible. A small light gives the room a strange aura. There is a water bottle on the table and a simple Chinese donut in a green box.

They are investigating Mr. Obadiah Stane's murder case.

Detective Rustin: I think McKenzie is a criminal

Detective Rustin: I think McKenzie is a criminal. He was under the influence of drugs at the time of the crime. In addition, the deceased was next door. It was discovered that the knife used in the crime is also his room sevice's knife.

Detective Martin: I don't think that's true. It is true that all the evidence indicates that McKenzie is a criminal as if everything is perfectly done. Therefore, I think the culprit is Mr. White.

Detective Rustin: How it can be? All this time Mr. White was sitting in front of the camera and drinking coffee.

Detective Martin: No. I've watched the video tap several times. Mr. White was missed from the camera's angle for five minutes in time when Mr. Obadiah got killed. Meanwhile, hotel staff saw him passing by Mr. Obadiah's room. In other words, within 5 minutes, Mr. White took a knife from McKenzie's room, stabbed Mr. Obadiah, erased his fingerprints, and returned to his place.

Detective Rustin: This is illogical. It seems impossible for me to go back to a restaurant and drink coffee as if nothing had happened after killing someone. If we look at the another evidence, the cleaner also entered Mr. McKenzie's room to clean up and saw him laughing like crazy. This proves that Mr. McKenzie had killed him.

Then they looked at each other thoughtfully.

Detective Martin: What does young "Arthur Chonan Doyle" think about this?

Detective Rustin: I don't understand him. He has been investigating the crime list for the last 5 years since this morning. According to him, this series is the work of a serial killer.

Detective Martin chewed the donut on the table and said, "Who brought this stupid writer here?" He thinks that in real life, finding crimes is as easy as in his books. Then he frowned. "Damn, who bought this tasteless donut and put it here?"

Detective Rustin: Our writer boy bought it and for the last 3 days he just buys this donut and eats it. I do not understand why this guy is obsessed with this donut.