Dutch Defense

"I often stood in front of the mirror alone, wondering how ugly a person could get."

Charles Bukowski

---

Three people wait at a Chinese donut factory in Alaska. One of them is an Afro-American, the other is Korean, and the third is a brunette boy. 

It has been several hours since James lit his seventh cigarette. Thoughtfully he looked at the files in his hand, sometimes emptying the ashes of the cigarette into the ashtray. Min-Jun handed him coffee and asked, "Why do all the detectives smoke so much?"

James: Smoking reduces stress and helps us concentrate. And don't forget that - I'm not a detective, I'm a writer.

Min Jun: You know, I've always respected writers. They are very strange people who are constantly changing the world with their imaginations. Creating worlds out of nothing is amazing.

James: I think you're wrong. Writers never write stories out of nothing. They write about real-life experiences, inspired by their feelings. The people the writer creates represent the person he/she saw in real life, or represent his/her feelings. Writers are mainly dreamers living in their own inner world with a connection to their surroundings.

Min Jun: Did you create your stories from people you know or your feelings?

James: When I was in school, I thought I was the most miserable person in the world. I expressed my feelings in writing. However, I think my best work was inspired by a close friend of mine, and I wrote it when I learned that his death was not suicide, but murder.

Min Jun: Isn't that weird? The bad things around you have made you a famous writer. Don't you think it is unethical to earn fame and money in this way?

James: I wouldn't say that. There have always been deaths and crimes in the world. In many of the famous works we have read so far, we always see traces of death or a terrible revolution, unfortunate miseries. This is the law of the world I guess.

Min Jun: Then what do you think about these events happening around us now. Is it possible to create a masterpiece from it?

James: I'm not sure. There is very little information about the events. That's not enough to write a good story.

The door opened. The clerk came in: 

- Sir. Mr. Arthur agreed to meet with you.

Mr. Arthur, the company's chief executive, is 42 years old chubby person, who never left Alaska, has been working in this factory for 7 years.

Arthur: These donuts have been produced for many years. Despite the fact that it was not sold much, production still does not stop. It is said that a wealthy businessman invested billions of dollars to run a factory for 10 years. Why spend so much money on the production of this damn tasteless thing? This company has done a lot of work before. But now look here, we are trying to sell this unnecessary donut for a fixed salary.

James: Is something strange happening here? Do you know anything about the company's past?

Arthur in surprise: What do you want to know?

James: What properties does the company have around here? Please understand that any information you provide can prevent a threat around the world.

Arthur: You know. In the depths of the forest, there is a large area owned by the company. No worker can enter there. In the past, only high-ranking officials had entry pass to there. Now all of them are dead. I would not recommend researching there. Whoever put their nose in it lost their life.

***

James and others got there by car. It is already getting dark.
This is an enormous training camp. The building is burned and destroyed. Statues of fallen gods stand out. James and the others went in and looked in the rooms. There are many facilities for small children and there is a small dorm in the western part of the mansion. 

Then Jamar came with a book in his hand:

- Look here, maybe there is a piece of useful information here?

James looked at the file and the first name he saw was "Mikush".