Alekhine's Defense

"Avoid the crowd. Do your own thinking independently. Be the chess player, not the chess piece." 

Ralph Charell

---

Our male characters are sitting in one of the cabins of the train going from Azerbaijan to Russia. From the outside, you can see the cold winter air. Kratos quietly snoozes, and Hades sits down at the computer to review his plans. Mikush plays with a chessboard in front of him.

Hades raises his head looks at him quietly and says:

"Why do you play chess alone? Do you think that no one can beat you?"

Mikush : Nope, Bro, don't get me wrong. I can be a genius, but I do not claim to be smarter than anyone. Because such a view belongs only to the losers.

Hades: then let's play. You love strong opponents, I think I can beat you.

Mikush didn't let him get close to the chessboard and said:

"No, my friend. I can't play with you. Understand that this is my philosophy". 

Look at this chessboard. Many people think that the leading force in chess is the queen or for some, the strongest figure is the king. Because it has the right to be alive until the end of the game. But all this is wrong. The leading force in chess is the people who play the game. They decide the fate of the game, not the figures. And it is the players who decide on the rules of the game. They mutually determine the rules, then play, and no one goes beyond these rules.

But what if the player is one person? Then everything changes. Everything becomes more incomprehensible. If the player is one, the rules do not matter. Because he is the one who writes rules, creates them, and acts on them. No one can tell him how to play chess. He's the one who manages both sides. Everything is a product of his imagination. If he wants, he can use the rook diagonally or even make it fly. He can make white figures fight with each other, while blacks watch from the sidelines. He is the greatest driving force. The fate of the game depends on his will. He is perhaps the god of this world. He is everything.

Generally, people believe that it is a crime to go against the law, but what thinks the person who wrote the law? He laughs. He mocks everyone. Because everyone plays by the rules he writes.

This is my favorite thing. You control both sides of the game. You decide the winner. And no matter what color is superior, I am still the winner of the game. I call this opening "God's Gambit".

My game my rules.

That's why I always win because I manage on both sides. It's so simple and straightforward.

Hades: it's just stupid. It shows that you are just a fool who is afraid of losing. First of all, in real life, there is no such thing as controlling all sides. Because there are always external factors. If we return to the game. A game without rules is meaningless and absurd. And most importantly, if you play the game alone, it is against your principle to enjoy the game. Because if there is no competition in one place, there is no fun and development. We must face resistance in order to rise. We need to compete, sharpen our strength against obstacles and give impetus to our development.

Mikush: Hmm. It is an interesting argument. It's worth thinking about. Yes, I agree with you. However, if a person who always wants to win, must always control both sides. Yes, the game is boring and does not develop you. Nevertheless, what if you are a top player? Take online games for example. You are already a player with level 999, there is no higher level than this. Moreover, no one can beat you. What kind of development and competition can we talk about now? As one of the highest, it would be better for you to control both sides and take on the role of god or game master.