Deep

What would men be without women? Scarce, sir...mighty scarce.

Mark Twain

---

It's been a week since they took a break. As the days passed, Hades became more active and began to gather strength. During these weeks, Mikush goes out every day and leaves him alone with Persephone. Hades keeps an eye on her so that she does not run away.

When Mikush leaves home, Percy feels unbearably bored. Because Hades doesn't talk to her at all, he cooks, he works out, he acts as if she doesn't exist. It is incredibly boring for Persephone to sit motionless all day. Even if they are enemies, she wants to talk to them to get rid of this boredom.

In the end, she decided to talk to Hades. Although she tried to talk to him several times before, Hades remained apathetic and ignored her. However, today Percy decided to try one last time to get him to speak.

She asked Hades, who was doing push-ups in a Tank-top in the lobby

"Why did you kill Hestia?"

Hades paused for a moment and looked at her strangely. Then he continued to do push-ups.

Percy: You not only killed her but also left her body there. Mikush says she was important to you guys. Especially for you. Did you love her?

Hades got up and approached her. He wiped the sweat from his forehead and looked into her eyes.

"Did Mikush tell you that?"

P: Yes. You know he's very mouthy. He talks about everything in order to have a conversation. He told me very interesting things about you.

Hades with interest, "What did he tell you?"

P: Everything. Your school years, your battle with Zeus. Everything about your past. You guys really have a horrible past.

H: Cursed Mikush. He never shuts his mouth.

P: If you really cared about her, why did you leave her there?

Hades looked at Percy quietly. This is clear from the fact that he has been thinking about it for a long time. But he never talked to anyone about Hestia. Because according to the law in their school, it is a weakness to talk about the past. Maybe sharing his thoughts with this woman will help him? Maybe he'll be relieved if he tells her the thoughts he's holding inside?

He decided to tell her everything. In the end, he would kill Persephone anyway. There is nothing to lose for him.

H: She was a fabulous person. We did not deserve to be with her. Therefore, we left her body with his brother. Cos, in the end, she chose her brother. I thought I would forget her. For some reason, we were taught this in our school. "Forget your past". This was our motto. But this is not the case. The past is part of us. It is impossible to get rid of the past. No matter what we do, our past will follow us. That is why I have not escaped the influence of my past. I changed a lot after she died. I still don't know how I feel about her. I tried to forget her, didn't think about her. But over time, the seeds she planted inside me began to sprout. I began to soften and become sensitive. As time went on, I could no longer remain calm. Before, the death of my loved ones was nothing to me, but now it leaves a big effect on me. So maybe Mikush is right, maybe I've changed. I have no purpose in life anymore. There is nothing I can do after reaching my final goal. So I did the right thing by entrusting Mikush with the work.

P: I agree with you. We all live with the pain of our past. In my opinion, the biggest reason for this is our knowledge and intelligence. It is true that when we have a lot of knowledge in life, our unhappiness increases. Life is an expression of evil because the higher the organism develops, the greater its suffering. No development of knowledge solves such a problem. Maybe we would be happier if we lived in ignorance.