3 - now arriving in musutafu

chapter 3

chapter 3

☄. *. ⋆
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Y/N STOPPED HER SUITCASE, stretching her limbs and groaning. The long flight was finally over, and now, there would be even more waiting. An uneasy feeling set into y/n's stomach. Anxiety?

Her journey to Japan took an extra day due to the delay, but even through all of that, y/n never felt nervous, even though she prepared for it. But now that her guard was down, it was then her anxiety made an appearance.

She could already feel her stomach twisting and turning, like it always did when she got nervous. Up until now, it never occurred to her that she's be living in an entirely different country; that she'd now be seeing her dad everyday instead of once or twice every month; that she'd be moving to a new school with new people.

Her chest heaved as she took great breaths and looked around Japan's airport, trying to keep her head from spinning.

She felt a hand on her shoulder. It was her mom, her warm, comforting smile boring into y/n. "Ça ira, mon amour. Don't worry." y/n smiled. Her mom's words always seemed to calm her, like she knew just what to say. Maybe it was her calm nature, or her voice of honey, but either way, it worked.

*It'll be okay, my love

Bakugo walked out of the plane with his parents at his side, his posture just as menacing as before. The three of them went over to the desk to speak to the accountant.

He looked around, his eyes landing on y/n, and thanked god that this would be their last time seeing each other, and y/n did the same

He wasn't planning on talking about their encounter on the plane— or any other time— any time soon.

☄. *. ⋆
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

y/n stared out of the car window. It was now evening and the clouds blocked most of the sun, turning the sky a cloudy light blue. This is likely the aftermath of the never-ending rain they received the past few days. 

Max sat to her left in the backseat of the car, dozing off. y/n found it amazing how he could still sleep so much after sleeping nearly the whole plane ride. Her eyes darted around the sleek, black interior of the car.

Her dad had sent a chauffeur to pick the three of them up and bring them to their new place. Though, y/n's dad has had this house for a while now— he'd use it for the weeks he spent in Japan— he claimed he wanted to make their arrival special, so he decided to wait at the new house to greet them.

Despite having been to Japan multiple times, y/n still marveled at it's beauty. How calm it looked compared to the bustling streets of Paris. She noticed that here too, there were still many tourists lurking the streets.

Well, it is still summertime

They passed through a small marketplace bustling with people doing their weekly Saturday shopping. Little old ladies, mothers with their children, and even teens stood out in the crowd as they each moved on with their days.

After passing the small town, they were now in the city, and a lot closer to their new neighborhood.

The car zipper smoothly through the city traffic, y/n's eyes struggling to keep up. If she thought that marketplace was bustling, then she really wasn't ready for the city.

There were countless numbers of people crowding the streets and bunches of cars, honking angrily. Fortunately, the route that their chauffeur needed to take wasn't too busy, so they rode right on.

After passing under the train tracks, the three finally entered their new neighborhood.

The houses were large and made of brick; the whole neighborhood was littered with luscious greenery such as plants, flowers, and big trees that provided tons of shade. They even drove by a small playground, making y/n smile.

__

"My babies!" y/n's dad exclaimed, grinning at the two of them and pulling them into a tight hug before kissing his wife and embracing her lovingly.

"Not in front of the kids, Larry!" y/n yelled, laughing at her Parent's reaction to the name.

He smiled at her, his eyes shining with affection. "I see you're still quite the jester," he said, ruffling y/n's hair before turning to her brother. "How we been, Max?"

Max smiled, "Better than ever! Look how jacked I've gotten!" He flexed his nonexistent muscles, earning a slap on the back from  his dad and a roll of the eyes from y/n.

☄. *. ⋆
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

y/n spent the rest of the day decorating her room with the stuff she ordered prior to coming. She'd been wanting to change up her room for a while now, and she finally had a reason too. Though, to her, changing her room just meant getting new furniture and making some adjustments.

She made sure to get curtains that would allow pure natural night but also a blacked out room whenever she pleased.

At dinner with her family that night, her dad announced that they'd probably be having some guests over tomorrow, since apparently this neighborhood loved welcoming new people.

y/n didn't buy it. Why would anybody waste their time welcoming new people to the neighborhood— especially when that would likely be the first and last time they'd speak to each other.

It's all about politeness, I guess

☄. *. ⋆
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

 ⋆───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────