7 - how to tie a tie

chapter 7

chapter 7

☄. *. ⋆
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

THE STALE TREE LEAVES fell lightly above y/n's head as she sat idly on the picnic bench on the grass.

Her head lay in her hands and her eyes threatened to close as they often fluttered shut. She was getting tired of trying to stay awake. It didn't seem to preserve her energy, it seemed to rather drain it even more.

So she laid her head down on her extended arm and let her eyes flutter shut.

"Lights on."

y/n's eyes flickered back open and immediately in front of her was Bakugo, staring down at her in his unflinching demeanor. She grumbled, stirring in her seat and moving to face the other way, "What the hell do you want, Bakugo?"

"Nothing."

"Huh?? What happened to pretending you didn't know me??" y/n bellowed, flopping around the table, exasperated. Bakugo didn't answer, but instead stared at her.

Bakugo studied her for a minute before grabbing the nape of her neck and lifting her up to examine something. "Pfft, where's your tie?" He sneered. "Did you really get so little sleep that you forgot your tie? Dumbass."

She looked down to where he was pointing, at the  white-collared shirt that missed the red tie at the collar.

y/n whined irritably, "I know, Imbecile, I just... couldn't put it on."

*Fool, idiot, or bastard

Bakugo raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean you 'couldn't put it on'?" The fact that he was genuinely clueless made y/n roll her eyes at him.

"I don't know how..." y/n mumbled under her breath, making it hard to hear her. When Bakugo shot her another quizzical look, y/n finally managed to blurt something out: "I don't know how to put on a tie, damn it! I'm not used to this style of uniform."