19 - food wars

chapter 19

chapter 19

☄. *. ⋆
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

BAKUGO AND Y/N flipped through the pages of the cook book, looking for something they could cook. They moved past the section for baked goods and into the savory foods.

"Curry," Bakugo said, looking up from the book then at y/n.

"Do you have all the ingredients?"

"Yeah, I think so." Bakugo grabbed carrots and a pack of beef from the fridge while y/n looked in the cupboards for onions and potatoes.

They gathered everything and put them in a basket on the counter. "I wanna prepare the meat," y/n said.

Bakugo looked at her suspiciously and then shook his head. "Nope, you're cutting the veggies."

y/n pressed her lips into a tight line to hold back from giggling. She never thought she'd hear the word 'veggies' come out of Bakugo's lips.

"Why do I have to cut them??" y/n questioned irritably. "Can't let me have shit..." she grumbled.

"Because I refuse to cut onions," Bakugo smirked.

"I hope you know that I hate you and am currently resisting the urge to throw a potato at the back of your head."

Bakugo snorted, his shoulders shaking slightly. "Good, cause I taught you better than that."

y/n opened her mouth, shocked, "You TAUGHT—" she started. "I'm not letting you get under my skin anymore," she said matter-of-factly, huffing and turning to the other side of the kitchen.

"Yeah? We'll see about that," Bakugo grinned, the gesture going unnoticed by y/n as their backs faced each other. She washed and cut the veggies, leaving the onions for last.