9 ◦❀◦ Meow and Cherry Lies

Heyah.

As I've said, Diana and Lizzie's story are somehow different. We are more focused on the family but romance will eventually come and omfg, it's *chef kiss*

Anyway, enjoy!

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Lizzie was left aghast that she was just blinking towards Garth with her mouth open.

You're going to get me killed, aren't you?!

"Don't worry Silver, once you can get out of the house, we can play outside. I'll teach you to ride a Belcan horse. You can watch me train, I'm pretty strong you know. You can visit the town square at festivals. The Teeth Tournament was pretty interesting. The man who can knock out most teeth from the other contestant wins!"

That is just wrong! But the thought of her riding a horse meant another faster way in her future self-elopement.

"Don't excite her with violent things," Erdan opposed. "You can stroll the Brifaniq Hills. The flowers there are rare and colorful. You can shop at Le'Ubue District too."

Slowly, Lizzie's mouth closed and she thought hard. That is, if, if they could convince the scum of a duke and not cower under his freezing eyes.

"Young Masters."

Her thoughts were interrupted by an older man's voice approaching them.

"Marquess Davitt," Erdan acknowledged. "Did you meet with His Grace?" Their steps paused. Lizzie turned to see a middle-aged man. Meow. The first word came to her mind.

"Yes, young master. I just sent a document regarding the proposed division of the emptied council seats. Perhaps you're meeting him as well?"

Although he was a nobleman with a rather good-looking appearance, his slanted eyes reminded her of the infamous fish and meat stealers of the slums—cats, by how his eyes flit at Erd and Garth then to Lizzie. "I see... the charming Lady of Norvillon. It's an honor to meet you." He extended his hand to ask for hers. "May I?"

She might not yet be too adept to the noble etiquette, but Lizzie was aware of such famous and basic salutation,  asking to kiss her hand in greeting.

Ew.

Lizzie congratulated herself for keeping her disgust in check. Although it had no malice for an older man to pay respect to a young girl who ranked higher than him, Lizzie did not like the look in his eyes.

Sly and calculating.

Like cats.

Like street cats.

So instead, she buried her face in Garth's shoulders to hide her expression leaking out.

"Apologies. I overstepped my boundaries. It seems that the young lady is shy."

"It seems so..." Erd replied. "She's yet to be taught etiquette."

"If I may, I suggest my eldest daughter, Lady Rosalia. She may be young and just a few years after her debut, and not to praise my own blood, but she has been named as the perfect lady among her peers."

"Ah, we have heard of Lady Rosalia and seen her a few times in the past ball seasons, it seems she does reflect the noble values."

"For the Norvillons to seldom attend balls as you put duties first, it is an honor that you know of her. If so... may I send a formal application?"