22 ◦✿◦ How to be a Lady

This is kinda looong. Please comment/quote what you think. It's greatly appreciated 😭

And thank you for the 5k reads 🥰

Ellena Odde ♥

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Ana and Alec resided in the guest's villa behind the mansion. Aside from the servant Calenta, there was also a fourth person Lizzie had seen a few times. He was a scholarly man, who couldn't even look Devanti in the eye, but had smart replies all the time. He was named Fedimon.

The duke has always been careful of people, and yet, these strangers were accepted with less scrutiny. When she asked him how he hired the instructor, he just replied "Exchange gift," and nothing else.

Etiquette lessons were held in the study every afternoon, while her academics were done in the morning. After Erdan and Garth's departure, she inherited Sir Cavat Li'Gian as her tutor.

"But, why are you here?" Lizzie asked, pointing to Alec, who arrived earlier and claimed her favorite couch.

"We'll be studying together from now on." The boy didn't even spare her a glance, eyes on the book about continents and central religions.

Lizzie was certain that the duke was not a kind man to extend favors out of his heart. But to take Alec's word as a lie was not plausible with the tutor, Cavat Li'Gian, acting like he knew he got two students.

Well, it's not like her mind couldn't function with an unwelcomed classmate.

Days, weeks, and a month passed. Lizzie somehow becomes civilized with the black furball in class, who to her surprise, was adept at languages and commerce.

Sir Cavat, was beyond delighted in the daily chaos of his students debating topics that children shouldn't even be talking about.

It has also come to her attention that the Norvillons are recruiting students for new knights. It was a short glance from afar, but Lizzie saw a familiar face among the determined, yet terrified recruits.

The girl, who had her curly hair in braids, was now tied to a bun, exposing the excitement on her rosy face. The frilly pink dress was replaced with a white shirt and padded jerkin in the color of tree bark.

¹*

(padded jerkin)

(padded jerkin)

Graciebelle, Lizzie remembered the name, one of the girls she met at the hunt. Although there are some female knights in the North, most of them are commoners. The girl Graciebelle, was a noble.

"Oh, Viscountess Terrania's daughter," Devanti told her when she asked one evening.

Terrania. The name was also familiar. Isn't she the commander of the archers?