51 ◦✿◦Some People Are Artists, Some People Are Just Pretty

Hello. Sorry for the late updates. I was admitted at hospital for a few days and was sick prior to my admission. Still a little pained but I'm feeling waaaay better now. So I apologize of this chapter has a lot of mistakes.

Anyway, enjoy and tell watchu think😊

Ellena_Odde

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

On the third day after she sent a letter of request to her father, and Lizzie received no response. By now, she was freely walking around the Emperor's garden with Lady Diana for a catching up.

It was a conversation of varying depts. From a sea trader's delicacy that's becoming popular with the nobles and academic circles for different reasons to one gown trend where sleeves imitate the color of the flesh for subtle boldness and finally, to what happened years back. Diana, in her careful words, stated, "Although I also trust His Imperial Majesty's recount of the events, this is our truth. Your father has his truth too. Listen to him."

She is willing to listen, but Devanti is a man of few words, and sometimes it gets through her skin. If not for her affection towards her family, she would either force them to open up or never wait for answers at all.

Lizzie then took her turn to talk about Madam Vaddenver, Honey and her archery lessons. She composed her words, spilled allowable secrets and gripped what was only meant within the walls of the Norvillon chambers, she was still their princess after all.

She was then invited to sleep at the castle that evening.

Lizzie wanted to decline to avoid gossip. Yet, she knew Diana was already aware of the rumors, and it didn't matter. Lizzie accepted, after all, not everyone gets to be invited about an imperial sleepover. It was in midafternoon when Alec joined them in the garden.

"I did everything," he assured even before his mother could ask.

"Poor Sacus, he must have been chasing after you, for the past few days." The empress glanced at the aide behind Alec, leading servants who carried boxes, scrolls and easels. "The lines on his young face are no more prominent than Ysivan."

"Because all the Prime Minister's job a shoved—entrusted upon me mother."

"Oh, be quiet, you. You know he deserves it. Aside from teaching you, your father hounded him with work all these years, Ysivan and Therese need time for themselves."

The aide then bowed, as far as his body could go. "Thank you for your concern, my lady. Also, his Highness has been very diligent today that he finished earlier."

Diana bestowed Sacus a gentle smile. "It seems my son has his reason for finishing early." She turned to Lizzie for an embrace. "I shall leave you two then."

Lizzie stood and curtsied for respect while Alec bowed farewell.

"You did not even pretend to make me stay."

"Do you want to, Mother?"

Diana, patted his shoulder with a faint giggle. "I do, but you don't want to." She caressed his cheek and then left with her only trusted maid and two knights.

Lizzie only sat when Diana was out of sight, and finally, the attention shifted to her. She smiled at the servants, especially at Sacus. After all, it is because of her that Alec has been postponing some of his responsibilities, thus the bags under the aide's eyes.

Poor guy.

Alec introduced Lizzie to the servants, though, there was no need. It has been days since the blazing mouth of the servants babbled nonstop in secret, due to the Norvillon Pirincess' presence. Different speculations from war to marriage are set ablaze, especially with Alec's "eloping" statement.