58◦❀◦The Aftermath

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

The whole time they fled to Medakaz gates, there were no words exchanged between Lizzie and Devanti. Even after they were transported back to Nordis, Erdan and Garth who were waiting, welcomed her with cold shoulders. The three then rushed somewhere to talk with the war council and forge a stronger border defense in case the empire strikes back.

Only her maids, Fay back from childbirth, Orna and Blinne, rushed to Lizzie with a blanket and a bath. They expressed concerns and updates about what transpired in her absence. There were also more knights outside her bedroom and she could hear the marching footsteps outside.

Lizzie watched the moon on the carpeted floor, whilst burying her hand in Honey's fur. The latter gently nudged her face and purred in a liquid sound as if expressing the loneliness in his master's absence.

It was a long night and a sad one. Still, she had no one to blame but herself. She could imagine Devanti's shock when he found her farewell letter, and then to rage when he found the emperor's invitation.

It was as if she did the same thing as her mother, who left the family with her along. Kirrien also lied, although it was due to Wylola's curse, a lie is still a lie. And now, more than her doomed love life, her family's forgiveness came first. Her silent apologies and wet cheeks were the last she remembered before she fell asleep.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

When engaging in an overwhelming struggle, one must conquer the easier ones.

And so her "Mission: Apology" began with the second brother, Garth.

Not that because he was easy, but he was the only one who showed the emotion of concern last night before he remembered he was supposed to be mad at her.

With a new set of stricter guards behind her, she ran to Garth who was about to leave for the border check, especially the once close to Gran Dacchia. Garth kicked his horse at the sight of her and he was gone before Lizzie could reach him. His men followed after him with an apologetic nod.

Alec's limited transportation magic won't be used that easily, now that Devanti with the help of Levich bought anti transportation spell along with other barrier strengthening. Now that she thought about it, it's funny how the Levichian emperor was invited to the wedding while economically benefitting from Norvillon's defense against the empire. "Business is business" Lizzie remarked, whilst thinking over the three territory's complicated relationship.

With how things are going, Alec nor the emperor would not try to rile up Devanti. She wouldn't want it as well. The good thing, Lizzie was not imprisoned in her room, unlike her punishment when she was a child. Instead, she was temporarily stripped of duties.

Lizzie knocked at Devanti's office and she was turned away with a blunt, "He does not wish to talk to you, Princess," as the Royal Aide Hewitt said. Erdan was also said to be out as well.

With them avoiding Lizzie, she shifted her attention to the other parties involved. She apologized to Shaw, Leendil and Graciebelle with other knights who accompanied her in the orphanage back then, she promised them to do her best to reinstate them to knighthood.

"If we were doing our job, you couldn't have escaped," Shaw said and assured Lizzie they will rise in rank again. She also sent an apology letter to her aide, Luppe Fluuveur and assurance that she was still the assistant after her duties are reinstated. "That is if you are still willing to be in the position," she added in the letter. More than being a competent aide, Luppe is also a good friend and she didn't want to lose such a rare relationship.