61◦✿◦Not Really Yours, Lizzie

Sorry it took this long. I went on a trip. To make it up to you, here are the cute pictures I took. Smile! The doggies are paid actors. 

Please use Wi-Fi for the story pics below

Please use Wi-Fi for the story pics below. This is unedited but you'll survive!

(づ ◕‿◕ )づ Enjoy!

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Lizzie could not imagine her face for the moment, but it must have been panic and guilt. The more Devanti studied her, the more her hands fisted and crumpled the papers in her hands.

"Pick them all up," he commanded the servants. Even the knights moved. He then pulled Lizzie back to her seat. They drank tea in silence while everyone gathered the letters.

He was not angry, nor he pried, and her gut instinct told her that he knew. Although they had spent time in the garden even before, it was few compared to her brothers. Most of the time, she would tell him about the flowers, her day and the shapes of the passing clouds resembled. He would just listen and comment a little.

Yet Lizzie could not push herself to talk now. She smiled at him as she poured him tea and gods knew, her lips were trembling. Moments of silence passed like that except for the rustle and footsteps of servants collecting the envelopes and scrolls.

"That pin," he said, referred to the simple accessory in her hair that Alec gifted. "You've been wearing it every day."

"I have?" she asked even if she knew. It was not like she wanted to wear it for the rest of her life, but in the past few days, she would pick it up first, amongst the hundreds in her collection of accessories. She removed it quickly and settled on the table. "I'll choose another one later."

"Why?"

Her vision from the pin darted back to the Devanti. "...I don't like it anymore."

"But why do you look like you're going to cry, Felizziia?"

She could not answer. Has her face become so readable like a book nowadays? Before she could refute, Fay approached with a humble bow.

"Speak," Devanti commanded.