~Workouts~

I woke up in my bed, sweat dripping down my furry face. I woke up from overheating again. I glanced over to the alarm clock next to me. 5:00. Just enough time to head to the gym before starting work.

    I hopped down from my bed, and looked at myself in the mirror. Great. I needed to brush my fur. I reached over to the table beside me, and grabbed my comb. "That should do" I thought to myself. "M shouldn't care if my fur's a little matty." I admired myself in the mirror. I had a muscular body, with toned biceps, and taught pecs. And I was a cat.

    A man cat if you will. I was tested on. By Shadow, even before the war started. Just thinking about that faction makes me want to vomit. The Shadow vs. Ghost war has been going on for a little over a year now. And our faction is losing the war at the moment. Our boss, Midas has been looking for new agents every day!

    I stumbled out of my bedroom and walked down the Agency's main hallway. I headed into the training room, and entered the gym section. Brutus and Peely were already there doing pull-ups on the high bar. I waved to them, got a water bottle from the fridge, and walked over to them.

    "Hello Meowscles!" Brutus said in his slight russian accent.

    "Hey Meow," Peely said, looking up at me.

    "Hey Brutus, hey Peels." I replied to the two guys.

    Peely's a banana. I know. Crazy right?

    Wrong. This island is way too strange for my taste.

    Brutus and Peely went back to their pull-up race, while I walked over to a purple punching bag in the corner of the room. I started to punch, and kick at the bag, while picturing the people I hated being beaten by me.

    That's when Midas walked in.

Midas' POV

    I had finally walked downstairs after spending a while trying to fix my hair, when I saw Meowscles. I remembered when he was only a small kitten. The good days.

    I walked up to Brutus and Peely, who were in the back of the gym.

    I waved to them, and picked up some small weights to start off the workout.

Meowscles' POV

    I looked in M's direction, and turned right back around. I saw him lifting weights, and I knew right away that I was blushing. He's my boss and technically my owner too. I can't fall for him.

    I resumed my punching, until I was bored, and wanted to do some sit-ups.

    I headed to the middle of the gym, to the open area, and laid down to start.

    "...98...99...100," I was exhausted. I sat up, and reached for my water bottle. I grasped it, and downed the whole thing in less than ten seconds. Just then, Skye walked up to me, and helped me up from the ground.

    "That was awesome Kitty Bro!" She exclaimed.

"How long were mew watching?" I asked her.

"I might have been watching the whole time." I chuckled. "Do you want to hang out with Tina, Turk and I? We were going to go fishing!"

I thought for a second. Fishing does sound fun, but I should get some work done today. "Not today little sis,"

"Aww!! Why?" She asked. I felt bad, but work does have to get done.

"I have work that I need to get done Skye..." I started to say, but trailed off, as I watched Midas walk out of the room with a towel draped over his right shoulder.

"Ohhhhh, 'cause you want to check out your boyfriend!?" She yelled the last word. My face turned a deep red, and I turned around to go to the weights shaking my head.

"Oh grow up Skye." I said.

"Suit yourself!"

I watched her leave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this first chapter! I love to write, so please don't give me hate, and please just enjoy the book. 😁