~The Ceremony~

Three weeks later

Midas' POV

I stood in front of the mirror. This was it. This is the day that I would marry the love of my life. My ankle was finally feeling better too. I had on a white dress shirt under a black suit. I wore a golden tie and a matching golden handkerchief in my top left pocket. I took a small comb, and smoothed out my gelled back hair.

I hear that some people go on a trip after their wedding called a honeymoon, but with us living on Venus, people here go by different rules. We'll just be headed back to the Agency after the ceremony.

I decided that I would walk down the aisle, as Meowscles was the one to propose. So there I stood. Waiting for the curtains to be drawn, and for the ceremonial song to play signalling me to enter.

And it did.

The curtains were drawn, and I could see Skye sitting back down in her seat after throwing the flowers. I stepped out, and onto the aisle. I was so excited.

I made it to my given spot and stared into Meowscles' eyes. TNTina walked up to us and held out the pillow with two golden rings on it. Lynx started to speak her words as minister.

I wasn't listening to a word she said. I only admired Meow's large black eyes. "Midas Hema, your vows,"

I softly cleared my throat and began. "Meow, ever since I met you, I knew you would always be my best friend. And since I've been drawn closer to you, I know that you will be the best husband that I could ever ask for. I vow to be your biggest fan and partner in crime. I promise to support a family with you in a home filled with patience, understanding, and love. I vow to grow old with you. I will always love you, faithfully and unconditionally through easy and difficult times. Through anything that comes our way, I will be there, with the love you deserve. Because I love you Meowscles. I really do,"

Everyone cheered.

"Meowscles Pelt, your vows,"

"You have made me the happiest man in the world today by agreeing to share your life with me. I promise to cherish and respect you. I promise to care for you and protect you. I promise to comfort you, and be there for you. I promise to help you defeat anything that comes at us. I promise to love and be with you for the rest of our days. I love you my Midas,"

Again, everyone cheered.

"Do you Midas, promise to stay with Meowscles for better or for worse, for rich or for poorer, and for thick and for thin? Do you take Meowscles to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," I answered, as I slid the golden ring onto Meowscles' finger.

"Do you Meowscles, promise to stay with Midas for better or for worse, for rich or for poorer, and for thick and for thin? Do you take Midas to be your lawfully wedded husband?

"I do," he slipped my ring onto my finger as well.

"By the power of your love," Lynx started. "And the power invested in me, I now pronounce you Midas and Meowscles, husband, and husband. You may now kiss the groom!"

And we did. We kissed. We were married!

Once we had parted, I took his hand, and led him back up the aisle.

I was so happy! We both parted ways to go to our dressing rooms. I had to change out of this suit and put on something more comfortable. And I bet that Meow was dying to do the same.

I headed to my dressing room, and changed in the bathroom.

But as I opened the door to the bathroom, I was met with an unpleasant surprise.

Standing in front of the now open door, was my family. My mother, Echo, my father, Ikonik, my brother, Redux, and my sister, Jules.

"Hello Michel,"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLIFFHANGER!! M's got daddy issues it seems. I'll be posting the next chapter soon! 🖤🤍🤎