~Proposal~

Nine months later...

    I was sitting in my office signing paperwork. "I'm so tired of continuous work!" I groaned. I was about to fall asleep from boredom, when I heard a small knock on the door. "Come in," I called.

    "Hey M," Meowscles said, walking into the room. He had his hands behind his back as if he was holding something.

    "What'cha got there Meow?" I asked in a flirty tone.

    "Nothing...uh, I was just wondering, if you knew anything about any upcoming Shadow vs Ghost battles?"

    "There is no way that's what you were going to ask," I said, laughing.

    Meowscles laughed as well. "Yeah, you're right. I actually had something more serious to say. These ten months or so have been really awesome. Between us, I mean." I was paying a lot of attention. "And I've done some thinking. I really love you Midas, and I was wondering..."

    I gasped as he got down on one knee, and pulled out a small black box from behind his back. "Will you marry me?" He asked. He was smiling the largest smile, and I was crying from happiness.

    "Yes! Yes of course I'll marry you!" I cried. He stood up, and gave me the tightest hug. "Meowscles, you are my everything! I'm so excited!!"

~

    "So how about since there aren't many guys, we have one best man, and a couple of groomsmen. That good?" Meowscles asked me. We were in my room planning for the wedding.

    "That sounds good to me," I said. "What if we didn't tell anyone, and just send out invitations to everyone's mailboxes. We could just go around the Agency and drop the cards into the mailboxes outside of their quarters."

    "That sounds like a great idea. We have to be very secretive about it though,"

    "We're spies. Being secretive is what we do!"

    "Haha! You got that right!"

    "Okay, so who do we want to be the best man?"

    "How about Brutus? He's close to both of us and all,"

    "Sounds good Meow!"

    "Okay, so I'll do some invitations, uh, do you want to look at where to have it?"

    "Sure. I'll get right on that!"

    I walked to the small black desk I had in my room, and Meowscles left. He came back shortly after with his laptop. He plopped back down on my bed, and opened the device. I began with looking at a close up map of the island. I decided to click on Holly Hedges first.

    We could have it at the hedge arch at Holly. I opened up a new tab, and started a document. I titled it, "Wedding Plans". I typed, "Location ideas". I pressed indent, and my hands started clicking away on the keyboard. "1. Hedge Arch (Holly Hedges)". Good. What's the next location?

    After looking through the map, I found some great places. Consisting of, the Sweaty Sands pier, The Shark's large docking area, atop The Agency, Weeping Woods, etc. "Meow, I have a couple of places in mind. Would you want to look through them?" I asked turning my chair around to face him.

    "Sure," he hopped up from my bed, and scuttled over to where I was sitting. He leaned over the desk to look at the desktop, his hands resting on the back of my chair, and the edge of the desk. "Does the pier work for you babe?"

    I nodded.

    "So it's settled!"

    "It seems so. I'll call now and ask when we can rent it out. I'll pick the earliest date,"

    "Sounds good to me!"

Deadpool's POV

    I was wandering around in the commons, pacing back and forth. Skye, Brutus, Tina, Peely, and Lynx were in there with me, and we all looked worried.

    "I'm not the only one who heard crying in M's office, right?" Peely asked, looking at all of us from where he sat.

    "Nope. I heard it too," I said back, as I stopped pacing and stood to face the middle couch.

    "Me too. I hope boss man's okay!" Skye exclaimed.

    "Likewise," Brutus said, getting up, and walking into the kitchen.

    "Shh. Shh!" I called, as the door to his office slowly creaked open. Midas walked out, and headed upstairs. Meowscles followed him, looking at the floor.

    "Did they break up?!" Skye whispered.

    "There's no way! Deadpool, didn't you mention something about a wedding? I think it was at that one party a couple of months ago?"

    "Couldn't be Brutus! It's DP we're talking about here!"

    "Oh shut it Tina! But yeah, I did mention that. But I knew that it couldn't be for those two. I mean, every fanfiction I've read so far with those two, they have never once gotten married. The author of this story would obviously stick to the script!"

    "Deadpool, you're making ZERO sense," Lynx said turning around. "I'm going for a walk. Who's in?"

    We all agreed.

Meowscles' POV

    "Hmm, these invites look good. And we can pick the colors! What do you think?"

    "I love them Meow! They're perfect. But, what colors do we choose?"

    "How about black and gold? They do go well together and all,"

    "That sounds good to me,"

    I turned back to my computer and searched for cakes. "Meow, we can get a wedding cake at the Sweaty Sands bakery. And since we're headed there anyway, we could get it when we set up."

    "Good idea! Speaking of which, did you ever make the call to see when we can rent it out?" I asked.

    "Yes, the earliest we can get it is in a little under a month. Does that work for you?"

    "It's purrfect for me! But is it okay with you?"

    "Of course it is. But that just means that we have to get this planning done fast!"

    "Then let's get back to it," and we did. We sat in Midas' room for hours finding the best decorations and minister that we could.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a scale of 1 to ♾, how cute was that chapter? Sorry it took a while to publish, I've been catching up on school work. Love you all, and I'll see you in the next chapter! 🖤🤎🤍