~Rescued~

Midas' POV

    "MEOWSCLES!" I screamed his name as I saw him get pushed off of the roof. We were seven stories in the air! I had to do something. And fast!

    I jumped back to Meow's balcony and jumped a couple more stories down. But I was trapped. The second and first stories both were full of proximity mines. If I jumped there, I'd die from the explosion. But I had to get down. So I jumped.

    I jumped from the third story and landed on the ground. Right as I landed, a loud crack rang out through my ears, and an immense pain grew in my left ankle. It was broken. I brushed off the pain, even though it was a shitty idea, and ran to the edge of the water. Right before I had jumped, I had seen a large splash. "Come on Meow!" I called as I ran down the river bed. All of the henchmen and Shadow recruits had either been killed, or they retreated.

    I finally noticed a small caramel colored tail sticking out of the water "Meow," I whispered, bolting over to him. "Agents, do you read me?" I asked over my earpiece.

    "We hear ya M." Tek replied.

    "Good. Are the rest of the agents with you?"

    "Yup. We're getting fixed up by Remedy. We all got pretty beaten up."

    "Stay where you are. I'm trying to help Meowscles at the moment. I'll be in soon,"

    I blindly reached out in front of me, grabbing a hold of Meowscles' arms. I pulled him onto the river bed, his head resting on my legs. He looked lifeless. I laid him down in front of me, and shuffled to my knees. I winced from the pain of my broken ankle as I settled into a good position. I began to do CPR. I began with chest compressions, hoping to get the unwanted water out of his system, but nothing was working. I moved on to a mouth to mouth maneuver. This had to work!

    I took a deep breath in, plugged the large kitty's nose, and put my mouth over Meow's blowing the air into his body. I did this a couple more times, when I heard a small cough. My eyes widened.  I went back to chest compressions, and after the second one, Meowscles shot his upper body up, choking on lake water. I used my foot and kicked his back, ridding his throat of the water. "Gah!" I cried, as I had used my left foot to do so.

    "Midas! You saved my life!" Meowscles cried turning around to hug me. He pulled me into his arms and kissed me. I was so relieved. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we parted.

    I suddenly felt a strong feeling in my ankle. I screamed in pain. Meowscles reached behind him into his satchel, and yanked out bandages. He bent forward, very concentrated on patching me up. It hurt like hell! I screamed again, throwing my head to the ground, and arching my back. I never knew a broken ankle could cause this much pain!

    "I got you, you're okay," Meowscles said, lifting my head up. He picked me up, and put me on his back. He started towards the building. It had gotten dark outside, and I was dozing off.

    I opened my eyes to see Meowscles setting me down in his bed. He covered me with a blanket and walked into the bathroom. He came out a couple minutes later, his fur wet, and with a pair of sweatpants on. Then I realized that I had a pair of my sweatpants on. And from what I could tell, one of Meow's jackets. I immediately blushed, realizing that he had undressed me, and redressed me.

    "Are you feeling better?" Meowscles asked. He must have seen me open my eyes.

    "Yes. Thank you Meowscles. You saved me,"

    "You saved me. I would've died if it wasn't for you baby."

    "I couldn't let you die. I need you Meow."

    "And I need you too," he leaned in and kissed me once again. We parted, and I smiled. And then we fell asleep. Meowscles had me wrapped in a hug, as I had my hands rested on his chest. We had survived, somehow...

Meowscles' POV

    I woke up to soft cries. I looked to my right and saw Midas. He was crying. It must be his anxiety. "Babe, it's okay, I'm here," I said moving my hand to his shoulder. He twisted his body so his head was now buried in my chest. He let out more tears, as he punched me with one of his hands. I was scared for him. His anxieties have never been this bad.

    "Honey, wake up, y-you're scaring m-me," I choked out. I hugged him tightly. I admit, I was scared for him. I kissed the top of his ear. "Baby, c'mon, wake up," I noticed that he was slowly turning to gold. That only happens when he's extremely mad, or upset. I had to do something!

    "You've gotta wake up Midas, please. You're really scaring me babe," He started to calm down, as the gold slowly retracted back to his wrists and hands. He stopped crying, and hit my chest one more time, before lifting his head up.

    "Oh thank Jonsey! You scared me baby,"

    "I'm so sorry Meowscles, I don't know what came over me, I-"

    "You don't need to apologize. You did nothing wrong babe," I started to calm him down as I stroked his hair. His breathing slowed, and soon enough, it was back to normal.

    "Thank you love," Midas said, kissing the top of my chest softly.

    "Of course. I would do anything for you," I said, rubbing my nose against his. He softly kissed it, and he soon fell asleep once again, in my arms.

I would protect Midas. With all of my strength. I would always be there for him. He is the best boyfriend, and will soon be the best husband.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meowscles' savior has come to save him! What did you guys think of the last two chapters? I felt like we needed some more fights in here.

Sneak peak for next chapter: WEDDING!!!
🖤🤍🤎