~Broken Secret~

I yawned, and slowly sat up. Where was I? Midas' room, right. I looked around, but Midas was nowhere to be seen. I then heard the shower turn on. I sighed, and got up. I scampered across the hall, and hopped into my shower. I got out, put on a clean pair of overalls, and headed back into M's room. As I entered the room, I heard the shower shut off. I took a glance at the calendar hanging on the wall next to his desk, and quietly gasped.

    It was June 18th. My birthday! I was excited! No work today as well, saying that it was Sunday. Midas walked out of the bathroom wearing only a towel. He looked at me, blushed, and marched into his closet. "M, I'm going to the commons."

    "Okay, I'll meet you down there," I walked out of the room, closing the door behind me.

    "Hi Meow! Happy birthday!" Lynx held out a card with my name on the front. I admired her neat handwriting.

    "Thanks Lynx! I appreciate it!" I opened the card, and smiled. She had gotten me a ten trip coupon to Pump Gym. That was my favorite place to work out. "Thank you Lynx. I love it," I walked closer to her, and embraced her in a hug.

    "Of course dude! I'd never forget my best friend's B-day!" Lynx waved, and headed upstairs. I walked over to the kitchen shoving the coupon in my pocket, and the empty envelope in the wastebasket. I opened the cupboard, and found a small glass. I filled the glass with a smoothie, and headed for the couch.

    I turned on the TV and scrolled through Netflix. I landed on "The Sinner", and hit play. This was one of my favorite shows. I took my eyes off the screen to see Skye trip down the steps. I stood up, and trotted toward her. "Need some help?" I asked, reaching my hand out.

She took it, and with a smile said, "Thanks Kitty bro!"

    She hopped off towards the kitchen, and opened the fridge. I walked back to the couch, and plopped back down. Skye walked back up the stairs with a water bottle. She tripped, once again, and continued to hop up the stairs two steps at a time.

Skye's POV

    "Guys! It's confirmed that Meowdas is a thing!! Meow told me yesterday!" Everyone turned to each other and whispered happily. "Now, what do we do?"

    "I'll say again, I'll bet they kissed."

    "Deadpool, I never thought I'd say this in my career of working with you, but I think you might be right," Deadpool beamed under his mask hearing what Lynx had to say.

    "She's got a point. I bet they did." Brutus said.

    The agents continued to think about ways to keep them together, and ways to draw them closer, when we heard my door slowly open, and some angry sounding footsteps filled the room.

Midas' POV

    I walked out of my room, still trying to smooth my unkempt hair.

    I walked down the hall, but as I passed Skye's room, I heard talking. I noticed that her door wasn't fully closed, so I held my ear to the door, and listened. I know it's rude to eavesdrop, but Skye's an interesting character, and I heard more than one person inside her room.

    "I'll say again, I'll bet they kissed."

    "Deadpool, I never thought I'd say this in my career of working with you, but I think you might be right,"

    "She's got a point. I bet they did."

    I knew they were talking about Meowscles and I, but I wanted to know how they found out.

    I slowly opened the door, and stomped into Skye's bright room. "I want answers, and I want them now!"

    "Boss man! Please don't turn us to gold-" Skye started to say, but I cut her off.

    "Who told you?!" I was furious. Skye sighed, and stood up.

    "Boss man, Meowscles only told-'' I had had it. I turned around, and stormed towards the commons.

Meowscles' POV

    I finished my episode, and sighed. I stood up, and trekked up the stairs. I got to my room, closed the door, and heard Midas walk out of his room. I set the gym coupon on my work desk, and threw some papers in my drawer.

    Did no one remember my birthday? I could just be overthinking things.

    I sat on my bed, facing the wall. The wall behind my bed was covered in pictures from when I first joined the Agency until now. That's fourteen years, and counting of photos up there. My eyes trailed over the pictures. If it was only a captured moment of the rest of the agents popping a bottle, or if it were us going on a hike, or on one of Skye's crazy adventures, we all seemed so happy.

    I smiled to myself, remembering back to days like those, when my door burst open. I whipped my head around to see Midas standing there, looking angry. "Hey M!" I exclaimed, somewhat trying to cheer him up.

    "Why would you tell Skye about us?" He was mad. I didn't want to be turned to gold, so I backed up to the corner of my bed and curled up in a ball.

    "Midas, I'm sorry, I just needed someone to know, so I had someone to talk to if anything between us went wrong. I didn't mean to make you upset-" I was visibly shaking, and Midas stepped closer to me.

    "Well you telling Skye, made all of the agents know. She told them. All of them. Please, just stay away from me!" he had softened up as he was talking, to the point of no return. Tears glistened in his golden, and cloudy eyes. I knew I shouldn't have told Skye.

Lynx's POV

    Most of the agents huddled around the couches, laying in different positions. We were so scared of being turned to gold. Midas does have a bit of a history with his powers. I looked up from my hands, to see Midas storm down the stairs.

    We all got like, super alert, and were ready to defend ourselves, when Skye stood up. She was crying. "You killed him didn't you?! You monster!" Midas wasn't having one bit of her actions, and slapped her across the face. That sound was so loud. Tek ran to her, and growled at the sight of his friend with a bloody jaw. Midas has taken this too far.

    "Why would you yell at him like that? He's strong on the outside, but he has a fragile heart on the inside man!" I was upset. "You shouldn't have acted like that. For one-" I was cut off by hearing Brutus talk.

    "He texted Skye for advice. He needed help!"

    "Exactly!" I continued on. "And two, it's the man's freaking birthday, and looking at it now, it looks like all of you forgot about it! He's probably hurting right now, and that's your fault M!" I started to walk outside, and motined for the rest of the agents to follow.

    All except Skye and Tek did. Those two had headed off to the medical section of the base. Midas had solid gold hands, and did a number on the poor girl's jaw. All I hope for is that Meowscles is okay...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What will happen next? Hope you are enjoying so far, and thanks for the support. Love you all!! 🖤🤍🤎