~Forgiveness~

Midas' POV

    I stood there, shocked. How had I forgotten Meow's birthday? Lynx was right. I had to fix this.

    I bolted up the stairs, not noticing I was turning the railing to gold. I slid to a stop outside of Meowscles' room, and turned the door handle.

    I was expecting it to be locked, but to my surprise, it swung open. I looked around in his room, but it was empty. Then I noticed that the door to the balcony was open. That's it! Meowscles loves the balcony. I stepped closer to the door, and walked outside.

    That's when I heard soft sobbs.

    I was in the right place. I gulped, as I realized, to get to where the sobbs were coming from, I'd have to scale up the building. I only had to go one floor up, but I was a tiny bit afraid of heights. Well, not heights, but afraid of falling from them. I sighed, threw my foot on the nearest food hold, and started to climb.

    I was shaking as I finally reached the top. I was terrified. I glanced over the edge, but I knew that was a mistake. I was seven stories in the air, and I had no guardrails to hold on to. I looked around on the open roof of the Agency, when my eyes landed on a large figure on the edge of the building. I braced myself, threw my fears off of the edge, and ran to Meow.

    I skidded to a stop, and sat down next to him. I looked at him to see tears streaming down his face. What do I even say? I'm terrible at comforting people! I wrapped my arms around his body, and buried my face into his shoulder. "Meow, I never meant to hurt you. Lynx told me why you told Skye, and I am so sorry. I didn't know you were scared of our relationship." I hugged him tighter, and released him.

    I took his face in my hands, and made him look at me. I used my thumb to wipe away a tear that was traveling down his cheek. His eyes looked broken. I might have broken the best thing I had ever had, not even a week after it started!

    "M, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings by telling her. If it makes you feel better, I'll stay away from you." he pulled away from me, and stood up. He walked back to the edge, and jumped.

    I heard him land on the balcony to his room, and I followed. I ran to the edge, and bolted into his room. Meowscles was heading to the door. I cut in front of him, and slammed the door shut, locking it.

    I threw my arms around him and cried into his chest. "Don't leave Meow! You're all I have!" I was in a fit of tears, and I slowly loosened my grip on his body. I soon fell to the ground, still crying.

    "Midas, I'll never leave you. I'm so sorry! I'll be here for you, through thick and thin,"

    I looked back up at him, and blinked a couple of times, before saying, "Meowscles, I should be sorry. I never should've yelled at you like that, and especially on your birthday. I just topped it off by forgetting your birthday. I'm the worst person."

    Meowscles slid a hand under my chin, and lifted my head. "You'll never be a bad person Midas. You'll always be the best person. You'll be my person." Meowscles brought his head closer to mine, and kissed me. He pulled away, smiled, and helped me up.

    "C'mon. Let's go to the commons. We could get some lunch."

    "Okay. I'll meet you there. I just have to do something first." Meow nodded, and left the room. I followed, but I took a left instead of going downstairs. I had to do something...

    I walked into the medical room, to see Skye sitting on a cot, playing on her switch. I noticed she was the only one in the room, so I took a chance to apologize. I walked up to her, and took the console out of her hands. I set it facedown, and she looked at me.

    "Skye, I-" I started to say, but she stopped me.

    "It's okay boss man. You were only doing it out of love. I've messed up too. I'm sorry for lashing out at you."

    "I should be sorry. You did nothing but look out for your best friend. I shouldn't have hurt you. I'm so sorry Skye,"

    "It's okay. I'm okay. I appreciate the apology!"

    "Skye, you're free to go," Remedy had scared me. I stood up, nodded at her, and left the room, so I could meet Meow in the commons. I heard small footsteps behind me all the way there.

    I entered the commons, and heard Skye walk off to the kitchen. I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. Meowscles walked out of the kitchen with two plates of freshly made waffles. "A delicacy from Meow's kitchen dear sir." He said, while handing me the plate from over my head.

    I played along.

    "Thank you kind man, did you make this yourself?" I laughed at our conversation.

    "Da! He did."

    "Shut up Brutus, yes I did."

    I laughed and took hold of the plate. "Thank you Meow!" I exclaimed.

    Meowscles came and sat down next to me. I scrolled through Netflix, until I decided that he could pick. It was his birthday after all.

    Meow scrolled through the movies, and landed on "Catwalk". The rest of the Agents sat down next to us and we all started to watch. "Thank you for making brunch, love." I whispered in Meowscles' ear.

    "Of course my Midas."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Birthday time!! What to do, what to do with this open opportunity to destroy the world? Nah. Just kidding. But I would like to thank you all once again for the support on the story so far. Love you all, and I'll see you in the next chapter! 🤎🤍🖤