~Death Sentence~

I felt a sudden pain on my left cheek, as I realized that Midas had slapped me. And it hurt.

"We're driving back to the Agency, now!" Midas was practically screaming. I was scared of being turned to gold, so I turned and started walking towards the chopper.

I got in, and started the engine, putting an earbud in one of my ears. I hit play as I drove, trying to keep the tears from flowing. One of my favorite songs came on, Echo.

I was listening to the song, as I looked in the mirror of the chopper. I could see the glistening tears in my large black orbs of eyes.

Before I could even land the vehicle, Midas jumped from it, and sprinted into the Agency. I landed and followed him inside. Skye waved to me, and got up from the couch. She paused her movie, and set down her popcorn, as she followed me upstairs. I entered my quarters and slammed the door, locking it. I shoved the other earbud in my ear, and blasted the song.

After a while, I looked up from my tear soaked bed to see Skye, Brutus, Peely, and Lynx. Skye must've gotten the key to my door. I face planted back on my wet sheets, and felt someone sit down next to me, and begin rubbing my back. I was shaking from crying. I had blew it. And I knew it.

"I'm so sorry Kitty bro."

"Me too," Lynx had come to my side, and started to stroke my head.

Brutus sat down next to me, picked up my phone, and paused the music. "We could hear the music from outside your room, Meow. I know how it feels to be rejected, but please don't hurt yourself over him."

We sat in silence for what seemed like hours. I had my head in my hands, as Peely was trying to cheer me up with funny dog fails on YouTube. I would've laughed. But given the circumstances, I was silent.

Just as I had finally calmed down, we heard a crash from downstairs. I jumped, as it had startled me.

"Shit, I'll be right back." Brutus stood up and ran out of the room.

"You know, Brutus wanted everyone except the boss to go to a training course today. Would you want to come? Everyone else is going to be there,"

I thought about Skye's offer. But I turned it down. "No thanks sis. I need a break." she nodded, and her, Lynx, and Peely all walked out of the room, and quietly closed the door.

Midas' POV

    I jumped from the helicopter. I knew it hadn't landed, but I wasn't about to stay in the same three feet as Meowscles for longer than I had to.

    I sprinted into the Agency, glancing behind me to see Meowscles running upstairs. I bolted into my office, and slammed the door, causing it to turn to gold. I sat in my golden chair, about to scream at all of the shit in the world. What had just happened?!

    I sat in my office for a while, holding my head. I hadn't the faintest idea what to do. That's when I lost my temper.

    I threw a cup of pencils across the room, watching them fuse into the shiny metal I had been cursed to live with. I started to tear up as I threw files of important papers and rolls of tape across the room. I had turned almost everything on my desk to gold, as I noticed a picture frame that was face down.

    I picked up the frame, turned it over, and screamed seeing Meow's furry face. I threw the picture, and it shattered against the wall, the golden pieces of it falling to the floor, and shattering even more. I slammed my head on the desk, and heard the door open.

Brutus' POV

    I sat on Meowscles bed, my hand on his back. Peely, Lynx, Skye and I were all trying to calm him down, when I heard a loud crash coming from downstairs. I knew it had come from M's office. "Shit, I'll be right back," I said, and left the room, closing the door behind me.

    I sprinted through the halls, and down the stairs. I heard two final crashes as I arrived outside of Midas' office. I slowly opened the creaky door, and looked over to the desk in the back of the room, to see Midas, with his head on his desk.

    I walked over to him, and settled my hand on his shoulder. TNTina walked into the room just as I touched him, and she walked over to us. "Skye told me what happened," I only nodded.

    Midas finally brought his head up, his face was still red. He wasn't crying, he never does, but he had been mad. He violently sood up, and stormed out of the room. I sighed, and walked over to his closet, grabbing a broom.

    Tina handled a dust pan, and we quickly cleaned up the mess the boss had made.

Meowscles' POV

    The rest of the agents had left as I finally left my room. They must've gone to the training course Skye had talked about.

    I stumbled into the commons, and headed for the attached kitchen. I reached into the fridge, and felt around for a milk. I found one, and headed to the couch. Right as I had sat down though, I heard something. It had almost sounded like someone hitting the floor. I shrugged it off, as something could've just fallen.

    There wasn't anyone here anyway.

    I reached for the remote, and turned on the TV. But then, I heard a gun cock. I jumped up, as I remembered that Midas was still here! My brain had immediately jumped to a conclusion that maybe a Shadow member had broken in, and had him at gunpoint. I dropped the milk from my hand, and the glass bottle shattered on the floor. But I didn't care about that now! M could be in trouble.

    I ran to his office. He wasn't anywhere I had seen, so he must have been in there. I tried the door, but it was locked! "Midas, I don't care what you say. I'm coming in!"

    I took a step back, and rammed my shoulder into the door. It hurt, as the door was solid gold, but I was able to knock it in. I stepped over the fallen door, and looked around.

    My eyes landed on Midas. He was sitting on his knees, on his floor. I then noticed that he had a gun pointed at his head.

    "Just do it. Just kill yourself. Stop acting like a damn bitch, M. Just. Do. It." He was softly mumbling to himself.

    I bolted up to him and dove for the pistol. I grasped it. But I heard a gunshot. At first I thought I had been too late, but then I felt a jarring pain in my left arm. Thank god! Midas pulled the trigger and shot me! But I didn't care.

    I crawled over to a small container in the corner of the room, and grasped some bandages. I patched myself up, and stood.

    I walked over to Midas. He had fallen to his side, and he was crying. I don't know what had made him want to end his life, but that was not happening on my watch.

    I gave him a hug, and picked him up bridal style. I carried him to his room, and laid him on his bed. He fell asleep, but I stayed seated in a chair next to his bed. I wasn't going to leave his side.