~Safe House~

My jaw dropped, as well as my gun. Meowscles scampered to the back of the firing range. There is a large stained glass window there, of the Ghost logo. Or I should say, there used to be. It looked like a grappling hook was the destroyer of the window.

    "Tina? Lynx? Skye?!" Meowscles called out, worried. He ran to the gym section, and then to the pool area, then to the arena, but came back looking hopeless.

    I, on the other hand, was analyzing the situation. This had to be the work of either Chaos Agent, my rival, or Fusion, who, let's face it, is probably dead. He's been rotting in The Shark's prison for a couple of months now.

    "It had to have been Chaos Agent," I looked at Meowscles and back at the window. "Come on, I know where they are!" I jumped from the window, and landed on the fourth floor balcony. Meowscles followed suit.

    We had finally gotten down from the training room, as it was on the fifth floor. We headed for the chopper, and took off.

    Meowscles knew exactly where we were going. The Shadow safe house on Lazy Lake island. "I'd bet it was a clone that took them." I nodded. It could've been.

    Meow and I jumped from the chopper, which was still in the air. It was slowly descending into the water though. I held a finger to my lips as I motioned for Meowscles to follow me inside. He took the lead, and unholstered his pistol. I did the same.

    We both took turns shooting at henchmen guarding the entrance. Once they all dropped dead, we headed inside.

Meowscles' POV

    I crouched, and went inside. I was holding onto Midas' wrist, to make sure he was okay from behind. I looked down to see muddy footprints leading into the foyer. I let go of Midas, and stood up.

    I motioned for him to follow me, and he nodded. We tiptoed into the room ahead. We were greeted by a large cat. The same size as me, but he was a black cat with glowing red eyes. Meanscles. He was my clone. I swung a punch at him, and he grabbed me. He started to drag me outside. I assumed for us to fight. I motioned for Midas to cut the rope holding the agents down. They were tied up in the back of the room.

    Midas pulled out his golden dagger, but that was the last I saw of him, before I received a punch to the face. I had to get out of there.

    I ran, but was held back. Meanscles was strong, that's for sure. I threw a punch, but he dogged it. That's fine. I had a backup plan. I swung a kick at his legs, and I successfully tripped him. He fell onto his elbow and let out a small cry.

    I stepped back, and pulled out my heavy AR. But my vision suddenly went blurry, and soon, all I could see was black.

~

    I woke up to a bright light over me. Great! Was I dead? That would be the second time this month. I'm going through my lives faster than intended. Wait, no. I'm not dead. Remedy peered over me to see me slowly opening my eyes.

    She helped me to a sitting position, and swung over to a nearby chair. "What the hell happened back there?" I looked at my hands to see massive cuts and wounds.

    "You were knocked unconscious. A henchman hit you with the butt of their gun. You passed out, and they thought that cutting you in various places would be a good idea. You'll be okay, you just need to rest. No large amount of physical activity for a week or so. Meaning no missions, no working out, etc."

    I nodded. "Are the rest of the agents okay?" she answered yes, and let me go. I left the room, wearing the same overalls I had on earlier. I looked at my phone. The time read 9:12. How long had I been out?

    I staggered over to the commons so I could get to my room. I stepped in the entrance and saw Midas on the couch drinking whiskey right from the bottle. "M, are you okay?" I asked. Midas choked, and spit out the drink. He set the bottle on the table, and ran to me.

    "Meow! Thank jonesy you're alright!" he was hugging me tightly.

    "Yeah M, I'm okay, but what about you? That was a full bottle this morning. You drank almost the whole thing,"

    "I'm okay, I was only worried about you. I thought I lost you Meowscles." Midas was crying into my chest now. He must've been scared. He never cries. I hugged him tighter, and led him to his room.

    We opened the door, and Midas wandered to his closet. He snatched up some pajamas, and headed for the bathroom. I plopped down on his bed, and stared at my hands. Huh, those were some deep cuts.

    Just then, Midas walked out of the bathroom and sat next to me. "Do you maybe want to stay in here for the night?" He asked, shyly. I reluctantly agreed.

I looked up at Midas and he stared into my eyes. He slowly leaned in, and our lips touched. I closed my eyes, wrapping my arms around his waist. He enclosed his arms around my neck, and deepened the kiss. Midas licked my bottom lip, and I invited him in. I opened my mouth the slightest bit so he could slip his tongue in. I don't know how long we were kissing, because I was in heaven!

We finally parted, gasping for air. "I love you Meowscles," Midas said looking at me. His cheeks were tomato red, as were mine. I knew it.

"Likewise. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me." I smiled holding his golden hands in mine. Midas yawned, and his eyelids started to droop. I chuckled, and picked him up, carrying him to the head of the bed. He patted the other side, indicating for me to lay down, so I did.

Midas moved closer to me, and buried his face into my chest. I kissed his head, and we both dozed off to sleep.