~Anxiety~

Meowscles' POV

    I knew that Midas hated me now, but the least I could do was save his life.

    I fell onto my bed, and dozed off.

    Only a few hours later, I woke up to muffled screams. Not like a hand being held on someone's mouth, but someone hiding under the covers of a bed.

    "Who is that?" I thought that someone could've been watching a movie or some shit, but I couldn't hear any other sounds. I groaned, and slithered out of bed. I opened the door, and the screams were louder. They sounded like they were right across the hall.

    I looked around the halls, and noticed that no one else was up. Or at least out of their quarters. Then shock hit me like a bullet to the heart. The screams were coming from the opposite side of the hall!

    I ran to Midas' room, and slowly opened the door. I looked at his bed to see him shaking in his sleep. I rushed to his side, and slowly reached my hand out to him. I softly touched his face, and began to caress his cheek. It was an anxiety attack. I knew it. Though it's never been this bad...

    I stared at him, in hopes that he would wake up and not kill me.

    I then felt someone softly seize my hand.

Midas' POV

    I felt a soft hand on my cheek. I grabbed a hold of it. It calmed me.

My attack ended.

I slowly opened my eyes to see Meowscles staring back at me. His eyes had a worried look on them. He must've been scared for me. "I'm okay Meow," I said. He let out a small sigh.

"I'm sorry, I-I was worried...."

"It's okay," I interrupted his words. "But, I was meaning to tell you something,"

Meowscles cocked his head, his eyes still on me. I sat up.

"I know why I tried to end my life," I thought about the answer. "It was because I thought my actions at Sweaty yesterday had ended our friendship. I noticed you going upstairs when we arrived at the Agency, and I thought you were packing your things to leave. I didn't want to live without you Meow."

I glanced over to him, and he had tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry M, I had no idea-"

"It's okay Meowscles. Because, I know now-well, I can say it now, that I like you too  Meow. I always have, and I always will,"

His eyes lit up. "Really? Mew mean that?"

I nodded.

He reached over and hugged me, with the largest smile on his face.

Meowscles' POV

    He likes me! He likes me! He likes me! He likes me! I am the happiest kitty around right now. But now what? I looked at the time, and realized that it was almost 6:00. "It's almost six. We should start work, M."

    Midas nodded, and stood up. I walked back into my room to change into my overalls. I walked back out, and headed down to the first floor.

    "Everything okay Kitty bro? We heard screaming. Soft screams, but screams all the same,"

    "Everything's okay Skye. It was an anxiety attack is all. I just stayed with M to calm him down." she nodded.

Skye's POV

    Meowscles told me what had happened, and I only nodded in response. I looked over to Peely, and he nodded back at me, and headed upstairs. I excused myself, and followed Peely to my room.

    We arrived, and opened the door to see everyone there. Tina, Lynx, Journey, Brutus, Maya, Turk, and Deadpool. "Operation friendship escalation is a go! I'm pretty sure at least," I exclaimed. They all softly cheered.

    "So what's the plan?" Tina asked, looking at Maya, and then back at me.

    "Well, they're moving faster than expected, so I got no clue."

    "Me neither. I was hoping one of y'all would know what to do." Brutus said to us.

    "Well, what if something happened last night. Y'know, that Meowscles isn't telling us," Journey wondered, trailing off to think.

    "OMG! What if they kissed!!"

    "Keep it down DP, but yeah, he might be right..." Peely was now deep in thought.

    "Whatever happens between those two though, we have to be careful about it messing with work." Tina pointed out.

    "You're right T," I said. And with that, we said our goodbyes, and parted ways.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter seven y'all!! Hope you're enjoying so far!