~I Had No Clue~

"Okay, but I'm not throwing this out. You want some food?" I nodded.

    "I'll be over in a second Meow,"

    He walked away, and I sighed. "Why is everything so difficult right now?" I thought to myself. I stood up, dropped my towel, and was about to head over to where the agents were making the food, when I noticed something on Meowscles' lounge chair. I glanced at it, and watched as the wind moved the pages around. The wind suddenly stopped, and the pages of the notebook stopped moving. The book was open to what looked like a drawing of me. It was really good.

    Whatever the coloring utensil was, the colors were still on the shiny side, so it was more recent. The drawing was very detailed, and the tattoos on my chest were surprisingly accurate. So much so, that if you compared the drawing of me, to myself, they would be the same. I admired the picture a little more, looking at the curves of my body, and how calm my facial expression looked.

    Wow.

    Just wow.

    But who did it belong to? I looked around, and realised that this was indeed Meowscles' chair, and there was a small signature of his name in the bottom left corner of the picture. Had he drawn this? We had been best friends for seventeen years, and I hadn't known that he could draw.

    I shook my thoughts away, and headed over to the rest of the agents..

~

    We had spent the rest of the day at the pool, and we finally left at around 7:00. We had just eaten dinner, so our plan was just to hang out until we thought about turning in.

    I sat on my bed, and picked up a book. "To Kill a Mockingbird" was the name of it. It was such a good one.

    I stayed in my room reading for the next thirty minutes or so, when I heard Skye and Tina turn in for the night. Brutus closed his door as well, and it seemed as though Peely, Maya, Tek, and Lynx had too. Journey and Turk were both on a mission, gathering intel from a nearby Shadow safe house, and all of the henchmen had returned to their safe house for the night. It was somewhat close to the Agency, being on the outskirts of Weeping Woods.

    I softly got up, and set the book on my nightstand. I opened the door to my room, and slowly exited the hallway holding the agent's quarters. I opened a small door next to a flight of stairs, and stepped out onto the roof. It was the fourth floor roof, so I was high up. Not too high, but high enough to be a little frightened. I thought back to my past, and about when my father had pushed me off the roof of our house. I remembered that I only thought that I had lost my balance, as that was what he had said. But my brother told me otherwise. I also remembered how my brother, sister, and I used to be best friends, and how we would never speak of our parents outside of their sights. And now seeing the two of them with my mother and father again, it broke my heart to think that they were like them again. I had no chance in this relationship, and I knew that I would only be lectured about my "bad decisions", and Meowscles would probably leave me because of them. I was thinking too hard about this. My mind was playing tricks on me, and all I wanted to do at that moment was scream.

    I fell to my knees, and grabbed either side of my head with my hands. I took my right hand away from my face, and I pounded a fist into the ground below me. Great! Is it a mental breakdown this time? What part of me is normal?

Meowscles' POV

    I was walking to my room when I heard a scream coming from outside. It seemed to be coming from the fourth floor roof. I dashed to the roof and pulled out a pistol from my hip holster. It had to have been one of Shadow's useless invasions. Chaos Agent just sends his bad henchmen on missions like those so that he can get rid of them.

    I slowly crept down the stairs, and opened the door to the balcony. It was pitch black outside, so I couldn't see anything. But I could hear someone crying not too far in front of me.

    "F-Fuck,"

    Midas.

    I could make out a faint figure in the dark and I ran to it. I knelt down beside Midas and started to reach a hand to his left shoulder.

    But before I could, he screamed. "FUCK!"

    "Midas, snap out of it," I tried pulling him up, but we were too close to the edge. He tried to push me off of him, but he pushed me too hard. I lost my footing, and fell.

    I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my wrist. Someone had grabbed me.

    I was pulled up to the edge of the roof, and I pushed myself up from there. Brutus let go of my hand. "Brutus, thank you," I said.

    "Don't mention it Meow. C'mon, let's get this mess to bed." he said, gesturing towards Midas, curled up on the ground, looking like a lump of coal. Brutus picked him up, and we headed inside. "I heard screaming coming from out here, so I thought it might have been Shadow or something like that." Brutus started to explain. "But when I opened the door, I saw you lose your balance, so I ran over to you. I thought that I was too late, but I found your arm."

    "I appreciate the save Brutus. I would've been fine if there was another balcony underneath where I was, but there wasn't. I'd have been done," I gave him a fist bump, as he handed me Midas. He walked back to his room, and I headed into mine. I laid Midas down on the bed, and plopped down next to him, not even bothering to change out of my sweatpants. I slipped my shirt off, and threw it on the floor next to me. I was slowly dozing off to sleep, when I heard a quiet voice.

    "Meowscles, I could've killed you. I'm so sorry," Midas whimpered. I sat up, and wrapped him in a hug.

    "It's okay M. Lucily Brutus was there in time. What happened out there?"

    "I believe it was a breakdown. Mentally if I might add. There's just been so much stress lately, and I don't know how to handle it all. It's been so hard for me," Midas softly said, holding back tears.

    "I'm here for you if you ever want to talk, okay?" he nodded. I laid back down, and stared up at the ceiling. Midas scooted closer to me, and cuddled up against me, our legs touching, and his forehead resting on my shoulder. "Good night baby,"

    But I got nothing in return. Midas was softly breathing next to me. He was asleep. I had no idea what was going on in his head, but I will protect him. I whispered, "I will help him win this war called life."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well well well. Another chapter in the books. I'm nearing the end of this story, so I hope you are all enjoying. I know I haven't been posting regularly, but I've had a lot of tests and dance shows, but that's all over now, so I should be able to get things done soon. Happy summer to all of you, and I will see you in the next chapter! 🤎🤍🖤