~Saved~

Meowscles' POV

    I woke up on the floor of the lobby. My head hurt, so I came to the conclusion that I had been knocked out. However I didn't remember leaving the courtyard. My head snapped up, and I looked around. I had to find Midas and make sure he's okay. I slowly stood up, ignoring the screaming pain in my head, and headed outside. Luna and Kit were next to one of the henchmen. He had a gun out and looked to be guarding them. I ran up to the three of them and spoke. "Hey, Harry, is that you?" The henchman turned around and took off his helmet.

    "Yep. You okay agent Meowscles?"

    "Don't be all work on me now H. I need you to listen. Gather up a couple of henchmen that are indeed alive, and I need you to take them, Luna and Kit to the safe house on the hill. The one where you henchmen live. You need to protect these kids," Harry nodded and ran to gather up some more henchmen. I pulled Luna and Kit into a hug and spoke once again. "You two need to stay strong. I'll come get you when this is all over. I promise," I let them go. Harry and a couple more henchmen had come up behind me.

    "Be careful out there Meow," Harry said. I nodded, and watched as they all walked off towards the Ghost safe house.

    A couple more minutes had passed, and no one had seen Midas anywhere. Everyone else had split up in order to protect their HQs. Tina, Brutus, and a couple of henchmen had headed off to the Rig. The same thing happened with Skye, Rox and the Shark. Deadpool headed to the Yacht, and the rest split out to go to the rest of the safe houses.

    "My guy, you good?" Maya asked. I jumped.

    "Jesus Christ Maya! I forgot you were still here,"

    "Ignore her. How are you holding up Meow?" Peely asked, walking up behind her.

    "Okay. I'll be okay. Right now though, we have to protect the Agency. What's left of it at least." I motioned for Maya, Peely, and some more henchmen to split up and patrol the place.

    But the truth was, I wasn't holding up too well. The guilt was eating me from the inside out to think that I could've been the reason that Midas was captured. I should have protected him better. I was so scared to think that the love of my life could be dead. But I was torn from my thoughts to see Midas running at me from my side of the moat. He was back! But there was an odd figure running behind him. It looked like...Chaos agent!

    "Midas! Behind you!" I called to him. I pulled out my Peow Peow and was about to fire, when Midas started shooting at me. "What are you doing M?" I called out. Oh no, this was not happening. Had Midas been brainwashed by Chaos?

    "Cat, I'm going to put you down," Midas hissed. His entire body was golden, meaning he could deflect bullets. Great. I'm about to be killed by my husband.

    "We might need Skye's scrapbooking skills right about now. Those could cure the rabid beast known as the boss man," Peely said, a worried look spreading across his face.

    "Meow, should I que the battle music?" Maya called down from her post.

    "Nah. You don't have to. But just stay back. This is my fight." And at those words, I ran inside to take cover.

    Midas followed as Chaos just sat in the background watching everything unfold. "Kitty, come out, come out wherever you are. This is almost a game of hide and seek now is it?"

    "You couldn't find me if I gave you x-ray goggles. You suck at hide and seek," Suddenly, Midas shot his head around the crate I was hiding behind.

    "Boo!" He exclaimed. I yelped and kicked him square in the nose.

    "Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark," I called back to him as I took off running again.

    "Looks like that hiding spot should go back to the drawing board with your other sketches, hmm?" Midas said from behind me.

    "How did you know about that?" I said as I turned around and started firing at him. His body was slowly returning to normal, so as there was still gold to be seen, there wasn't enough to deflect anymore bullets. Midas pulled out his drum gun and fired along with me.

    "I have eyes everywhere you know. I've seen everything," one of his bullets landed in my ankle and I fell to the ground, clutching the wound. Midas took this time to pounce on me. He lunged towards me, and pushed me, and I was shoved toward a wall.

    We were rolling around, trying to wrestle each other until the other was knocked out. I took a couple blows to the head, and Midas survived a couple punches to the stomach. I didn't want to hurt him. I love him.

    Midas slapped me across the face and pulled away. "Ow!" I cried. "Bitch, your hands are pure freaking gold, that hurt, dammit!" he smirked and pushed me to the ground once more. Midas was sitting on top of me, with one hand on my chest, holding me down, and another holding a knife to my throat.

    "Any last words wise guy?" Midas asked, a sly smile appearing on his face. I saw Chaos Agent out of the corner of my eye, trying to find us.

    I took a deep breath as the knife started to pierce my skin. "Yeah actually, I do. And you're going to listen to every last word, understand?"

    "And why should I listen to you?"

    "Look into my eyes Midas. Would you really kill me? After everything we've been through? Just think. Remember the first time we met. You took me in from the street. And after ALTER tested on me, you didn't give up on me, and you accepted me. And after we started dating, how I would try to protect you, and you would me. How we planned for our wedding, and how we wanted to spend the rest of our hell born lives together. And at the wedding. Our vows, and the kiss we shared. I wanted that relationship to last forever. But looking at it now, I don't think it can. So just get it over with already. Kill me." I finished my thoughts, and heard a scream. My eyes shot open to see Midas looking at the floor, with his arm outstretched.

    My eyes followed his gaze, and I was met with Chaos Agent, dead on the floor, with Midas' dagger in his throat.

    "It can last forever, Meow," Midas said, looking back at me.

    I let out a shaky breath. My plan worked. I was able to trigger his memory, with our memories. Midas crashed his lips onto mine and I smiled. I had just saved him and myself. I snaked my arms under his shirt and he placed his hand gently on the side of my neck, careful not to power up any more wounds. Once we finally parted, Midas hugged me tightly and said, "I guess you really are a man's man, huh?"

    "I guess so. Now come on. We got a lot of people to rangle, and a hell of a big mess to clean up,"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Books come to an end all the time, but my account certainly doesn't. I'm about to start posting another story, "Love's Rebirth (Midas x Meowscles)". Check that one out if you liked this story. Thank you all so much for the support, I really hope you enjoyed the book. The next chapter is a chapter full of memorable moments from the story, so check it out if you're interested. Thank you for reading, and I'll see you in the next story 🖤🤍🤎