~Dance Floor~

Midas' POV

    I rolled my eyes as the others disappeared into the crowd. Brutus and Tina included. I glanced over at Meowscles, and he shrugged. We ran onto the dance floor as well.

    I used to dance as a kid. Not for a studio or anything like that, but to wash away my negative thoughts about my father.

    "Meowscles, I thought you said you couldn't dance," I said.

    "Well, I might've lied about that..." he said, doing a popular dance on this island, which I believe to be called the "Dynamic Shuffle".

    I started a dance I used to do a lot. One I called, "Springy". Tina and Brutus were doing traversal emotes around each other in a circle. Tina doing "Fishin'", and Brutus doing "business hips". Skye was doing an emote known as "Glitter", and Deadpool was doing "Crabby".

    Journey and Turk were both doing "The Floss", and Peely was doing "Infectious", while Maya did "Freestylin'". Lynx was doing "Electro Swing", and Tek was doing "Smooth Moves". Everyone seemed to be having a great time. Meowscles and I both switched dances. I started doing "Orange Justice", and Meowscles began doing "Paws and Claws".

    The song had almost ended, when Meowscles walked to the open area in the middle, and began doing one of the rarest emotes, "Scenario". We all cheered for him as he took a big bow, right as the song had ended. He walked back to where I stood.

    "That was awesome Meow!" I held out a hand, and he gifted me a high five.

    "Thanks Midas. That's my favorite dance by far, and I know that not many people have it," he smiled brightly.

    "What's up my agents?!" I heard TNTina yell. "I'll be yo DJ today, and I think these fast songs are super lit! Yeah okay, I'm being a little weird, but it's whatever. I would like to change the songs though, and give you some time to slow dance! The fast music will be back on soon!"

    The slow music began playing and some people started leaving the dance floor to get more food. If they didn't have a date that is. Tina met Brutus back on the floor, as well as Maya and Peely partnered up.

    "You wanna dance?" I asked shyly.

    "I thought you'd never ask," Meowscles took my hand, and led me back onto the floor.

    He enveloped his arms around my waist, while I brought my arms around his neck. We stared into each other's eyes, as we simply swayed to the quiet music. It was calming. No one had heard anything about Shadow attacks in a while, so we were all taking small breaks.

    I rested my head against his chest and closed my eyes. Meowscles was softly humming to the song.

    "This was a good idea Meow,"

    "What was?"

    "This party. It's just the thing everyone needed with this war and all..."

    He giggled, and kissed my head. I looked up, and our lips touched. I smiled into the kiss, and we soon parted.

    The song ended, and more fast songs commenced.  Meow and I walked off of the dance floor, and headed for the food. Skye was stuffing her face with cupcakes and cookies, and Deadpool was drinking beer. "Hey mew two!" Deadpool said, mocking Meowscles.

    "Sup DP. Y'know, I don't think you should be kitten around with cat puns. Purrhaps you could become a little unfurtunate." Meowscles said, grabbing a slurp from the table.

    "Yeah, Deadpool, this could be cat-astrophic!" Skye joined in.

    "You guys are so immature," I said.

    "Oh yeah? Well, I did read the chapter about your past, and I think you're immature."

    "How does his past make him immature? And what do you mean when you say you read about it DP?" Meowscles asked.

    "Don't worry about it," Deadpool said in return.

    We all shrugged it off, and celebrated for the rest of the night.

~

    Meowscles shook me awake, and I slowly opened my eyes. "What happened last night?" I asked.

    "You, Brutus, DP, and I all fell asleep on the couches down here. Everyone else had left, and we all got drunk." I hummed.

    "Y'all want any food?" I heard Deadpool call from the kitchen.

    "I'll be okay. Thanks though DP," Meowscles said.

    "Me too!" I called in.

    "I will admit though, last night was one of the funnest nights I've had in a long time. Most of the time, it's just me staying up late and working out plans against Shadow!" Brutus exclaimed.

    "Same here Brutus!" I laughed. It has been an insane ride so far, and it still will be. But us agents are getting the hang of it.

    "I'm gonna finish off the chapter," Deadpool said, "But you're right Brutus. It has been crazy..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's dance time!! I felt like I had to add a couple of party chapters, so I hope you enjoyed them! Stay tuned for the next chapter though! It's going to be really exciting to read, so it won't be out for a day or two, but I hope you are enjoying the boom so far. Thanks for all of the support! 🤍🤎🖤