~Unpleasant Reunion~

"What are you four doing here?!" I cried. I reached to the table on my right side, and grabbed a hold of my golden revolver, cocking it.

"Good to see you too, brother," Redux said, rolling his eyes.

Jules, who was behind the rest of them, gave me a small wave. I nodded at her in return.

"Why are you here? I won't ask again!" I screamed. This was not good.

Just as I was about to shoot, I heard a small knock on the door. I kept the gun aimed at my father's head, as I slowly stepped back. I reached behind me for the door handle, and I found it. I opened the door and Meowscles stepped into the dressing room.

"You okay M? I head scream-" he stopped.

"Meowscles, meet my parents, Jules, and Redux. Family, Meow," Meowscles smiled a warm smile from behind me.

"It's nice to meet mew four!"

"Meow, we should get back to the Agency. You will not be following us," I snapped, laying my weapon down. I reached to the side and grabbed my formal clothes. "Good day," I uttered, turning around, and walking out of the room. Meowscles followed.

"What was that all about?"

"I shouldn't get into it. Let's just go," I used my keys to unlock the doors to my Whiplash.

Meowscles stepped in beside me, and settled a hand on my leg. "M, what's up? This isn't like you."

I sighed. "Please, whatever you do, just ignore them. Jules is the only sane one."

"Why though? Talk to me baby,"

"Both of my parents are super religious, and ever since my brother made up with them, he had become religious as well."

"But what does that have to do with anything?"

I sniffed. "My dad has never welcomed people with a different sexuality into his life. He thinks all people that aren't straight should, and I quote, 'burn in the deepest pit of hell, with fire and agony surrounding them, for all of eternity'." I explained. "And I know I'm not a child anymore, but- I'm scared Meow. I'm scared for my life and yours. There's no telling what those monsters could do,"

"M, I'm so sorry. I had no idea. I promise, I'll protect you. No matter what." he hugged me, and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you love. Agency?" He nodded.

I decided that I would take a small detour though. The sun was about to set, and I thought that I could bring him somewhere special. The old E.G.O prison. It was super run down, and there was no one ever at their posts, so the place was just retired. I drove as close as I could get to the river bank, and parked my car on the side of the road.

"What are we doing here?" Meowscles cocked his head in confusion.

"I'll explain once we arrive. Come on!" I started down the large hill, and Meow followed suit. Speaking of which, we had both changed before leaving Sweaty. Meowscles was in his usual pair of jeans and suspenders, but he was wearing a nice letterman jacket from high school. He used to play football there. There were a lot of...unique people in the high school, I can't even begin to name them all. But since Meow was tested on, he was a human, and he technically had to get an education. I on the other hand was wearing a pair of light grey sweatpants, a thin black tank top, and a pair of black high top sneakers. I hopped into a boat, and Meowscles got in next to me.

I drove the boat until we arrived at the prison, otherwise known as the Shark. The large rocks that led to the entrance formed a shark like mouth, hence the name. "What are we doing at this old hunk of junk? This place gives me the creeps," Meowscles said, looking around him. Though I was excited to be here.

"Come on! I have a surprise for you!" I exclaimed. Meowscles reached for my hand, and grabbed it. I led him down a dark corridor. We kept walking until we were right where I wanted to be. I found a good foothold in the large shark mouth, and climbed the short distance of the rock. Meowscles followed me. I slowly walked to the tip of the nose, and sat down, my lower legs and feet dangling off of the boulder.

"Babe, I thought you were afraid of heights,"

"Afraid of FALLING from them. There's a difference. But this is a place I've been to many times before, so I'm not afraid here," he nodded. "And, since we're so far out, no one can hear you scream." I stood up, and cupped my hands over the sides of my mouth. "I'M WHOLE AGAIN!" I cried. I sat back down, a large smile spreading across my face. "You try Meow,"

And so he did. Meowscles stood up, and screamed. "I'M MARRIED TO THE LEADER OF GHOST, AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!!" he sat back down as well. We looked at eachother, Meowscles sliding a hand under my chin, admiring my jawline, and me softly touching his face. He pulled me closer and whispered, "you see the sun setting? It'll hit the water in three...two...one," he spoke softly, and as soon as he had finished saying "one", our lips were touching.

The stars were brightly shining around us, as we parted. I smiled. "Thank you Meow,"

"For what?"

"Everything,"

I shivered slightly, and Meowscles noticed. He slid his jacket off and draped it around my shoulders. "Put it on. I don't want you to catch a cold," I nodded, and slipped his jacket on to my body, his body heat coming off of it and on to me. Meowscles wrapped me in a hug, and the next thing I knew, I was slowly drifting off to sleep.

Meowscles' POV

    I was admiring the scenery around us, when I turned to look at Midas. I saw his chest slowly rise and fall. "M?" I whispered softly. No answer. He must be asleep.

    I lifted him up, and carried him bridal style, back to the boat. Once we got back to his car, I reached into the pocket of his sweatpants and retrieved his car keys. I unlocked the car, and was about to open the passenger side door, when an all too familiar face appeared in front of me.

    "What did you do to him?"

    "Redux, right? Yeah, he's sleeping. So I did nothing to your precious brother. Can I take him home now?"

    "Not until I say so." I growled. "Why would a man like him want to be with a freak like you?" he rasped.

    "First off, how dare you call me a freak?! I'll have you know, that I could snap you like a pencil in less than a second. And next up, I don't know. It might be because he loves me. Actually, yeah. I think that's the reason. So shove off!" I called, pushing Redux back, making him stumble.

    I set Midas down in the car, and shut the door. I got in on the driver's side, and started the engine. I began to drive back to the Agency, my head running wild with thoughts. "Why does his family have to show up now? Just when things were getting good. Why do they seem to hate me so much? Is what Midas said true? That they feel the need to tell people with a different sexuality to go to hell? I don't know anymore,"

    I arrived at the Agency. I drove M's car across the newly built bridge that crosses the moat, and drove it into the parking garage. I scooped a still sleeping Midas up into my arms and carried him up to his room. I slid my jacket off of him, and laid the covers on top of him. I slid off his shoes and mine, and I hopped into bed next to him. Humming a soft tune next to his ear. I saw him smile a tad bit, just before I dozed off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 22 y'all! Hope you're enjoying so far! 🖤🤍🤎