~Jules and the Kids~

I woke up to hear the TV on. I slowly opened my eyes, hoping to adjust to the light. Midas was sitting on the edge of my bed, mesmerized by something on the television.

    "Morning M. Whatcha watchin?" I asked. Midas turned around and threw his arms around me, engulfing me in a hug. I was surprised, but I returned his hug. "Why the good mood Midas?" I asked, confused.

    "She contacted me! She wants to help," he said, pulling away from me, and turning off the TV.

    "Who did?"

    "Jules. She wants to help me get back at my parents for hating me all these years. And because of us." I blinked, not understanding what he was getting at. "She texted me, look!"

    Midas pulled out his phone, and clicked on his most recent message.

EpicEngineerJules
Michel, we have to talk

GoldenKingMidas
It's Midas, Jules. Why must we talk?

It's about you and the cat. I support you
and I think we should meet up. We need to
kick mom and dad's ass.

I'm intrigued. How did you find out about us?

Midas, you were at a wedding venue.

Right, right. Where do we meet?

Right here:
~click here to open coordinates~

GoldenKingMidas saved a message

What time?

Noon. Bring the cat.

Meowscles?

Yeah whatever, just don't be late.

See you then Jules.

    My mouth dropped open. "So someone's willing to help you out?"

    "It seems so,"

    "Then let's get to work for right now, and we meet at the helipad at 11:30?"

    "Sounds good. Let's get ready, and then meet me in the meeting room for a briefing,"

    I nodded and got up. Midas did the same, and called the agents on his earpiece telling them to meet him downstairs in thirty minutes.

~

    "Alright agents, here's the deal. Meow and I are leaving at 11:30 or so, and I don't know how long we'll be gone for. We will be gathering some intel. Brutus, you will be in charge until we return. The rest of you will be gathering information off of the computers in your offices. No one better be in the commons, or the boiler room for crying out loud."

    "He's talking to you Skye."

    "Yeah, I got that Peels,"

    "Attention." Midas tapped his foot on the floor, and the rest of the agents turned to him. "That will be all. You are dismissed, but remember what I told you: Shadow is out there. Trust no one." and with that, the agents left the briefing room to do their tasks for the day.

    "Alright Yoda, Imma go work for now," I started towards the door when I felt a hand grab my wrist.

    "Is that supposed to tell me I'm short?" Midas asked from behind me.

    I turned around and looked down at him. "You are short my dude" I joked. He hated being called "dude" or "my dude". I don't know why, but I can take it to my advantage.