~Comfort~

Meowscles' POV

    I ran up the stairs and skidded to a halt in front of Midas' door. "M, are you okay?" all I got in return was soft sobbs. I tried the door handle, but it was locked. I bolted downstairs and passed Midas' assistant, Rook.

    "Woah! You okay Meow?"

    "Yeah, I just...locked myself out of my room! Yeah, uh, can you tell me where the keys to the quarters are?"

    "Yeah, here," Rook reached into her pocket and pulled out a small key. "It's just an extra, so it's yours if you want it."

    "Thanks Rook!" I called, and ran out of the room. I bolted up the stairs, lost my balance, and fell into Midas' door. "Ow!" I brushed it off, and unlocked the door, giving me access to the room...

    I glanced to his desk, expecting him to be there, but to no avail. I moved my head to his bed, to see the covers moving up and down. I tiptoed closer to the bed, and sat down. "M, talk to me. I'm here for you,"

    His breathing slowed, and the crying stopped. He slowly lifted the covers and popped his head out. I was sitting with my legs crossed on his bed, and I cocked my head to look at him. He sighed. "Sorry Meow, it's nothing,"

    I cut him off. "It's not nothing. This isn't like you M. You don't have to tell me what happened, but can you at least tell me what I can do?" I was talking in a soft, calming tone, and it seemed to be working. Midas loosened up, and got out from under the covers.

    "No, you deserve to know what happened."

    I moved closer to him, and rested a hand on his knee. I nodded so he would talk.

    "My mom reached out to me. I know it was her, as I was the only one who knew her real name. And she was one of the only ones who knew my real name. I remembered back to when I was younger, back to when my father started hating me, my brother, and my sister. I was hurting as well, knowing that I was a mistake, and was never supposed to be born. We were playing outside at the time, when our parents came out, and blamed us for breaking a window. We had no part in it, but they insisted on hurting us. My mother was only protecting herself against my father, but she had to hurt us. My sister, Jules, knew how she felt. Redux, my brother and I were hit by my father, and then, my father ended up causing my scar to form. My mother told us all to pack our bags, and run. She gave us money and food as well."

    "Some years later, Jules was accepted to a college at the age of fourteen I believe. Redux and I ended up moving to Sweaty Sands, and that's where I got my powers. I then just left. I haven't seen them, or talked to them in years." I felt so sorry for him.

    "Midas, I had no idea what you had to go through as a child. I am so sorry,"

    "There's nothing that can be done about it now. It caused me to be who I am today. I became tougher, and smarter, and I became more confident about who I am."

    I hugged him tight. "I'm glad that your childhood brought you here though. It technically brought us together." I let go of him and stood up. "I'll be in the commons. Skye said she would help me with the party preparations. Come down whenever you feel like it. Love you!" I kissed his cheek, stood up, and left the room.

~

    "Looking good sis!" I exclaimed. Skye told me she would help me bake cookies and cakes for the party.

    "Thanks kitty bro! I'm, like, a professional cake decorator-person," I chuckled.

    "Yeah right, you definitely are Skye," she carried the cake she had made to the table at the side of the room. "I didn't know you could bake!"