8|Phone Call|8

vote

"The foundation of every state is the education of its youth"- Diogenes

Tw:
- Small mention of pills

Dream slept facing away from George that night, not cuddled up close. Purely because he still felt slightly angry at the brunette for convincing him to phone his mum.

His mum had been nothing but awful to him his whole life, needless to say she was almost as bad as his dad. A part of him still felt bad for leaving, felt bad for leaving his sister behind with that awful excuse of a mother.

Dream tried to forcefully close his eyes, focussing his brain on the soft snores that were being emitted from his boyfriend on the other side of the bed. Fear filled him up, he was scared, scared of what his mum would say when she found out about his relationship with George. Whether she would disown him.

But most of all, he was scared for George. Scared that he would act irrationally to get his mums love back because he was far too attached to someone who would never love him the way he needed to be loved.

If something bad ever happened to George he would never forgive himself, because it would most likely be his fault. His eyes closed lightly and his thoughts trailed off as he was pulled away from reality and into dream world.

***

The next day came too soon for the blondes liking but couldn't come soon enough for George. It was finally here. The day George was convinced Dream would be able to set in a date for closure.

"Morning Dream", George rubbed small circles on his boyfriends back as a way to wake him up and to show he was partially sorry for what he was making the blonde endure that day.

Dream stirred and rolled over, deciding it best if he remained calm.

"Morning Georgie", he would never get bored of calling him that no matter how angry.

George felt his heart stop for a moment at the raspiness of Dreams voice, but now was not the time. He had to remain focussed on the goal of the day.

The brunette rolled himself out of bed slowly, making his way into the he kitchen and opening up the cupboard he had hidden his medication in, taking them out and swallowing a pill.

After taking one, he quickly shoved them back into the cupboard, closing the door just as Dream walked in. Dream gave him a quizzical look, clearly not in the mood for any snarky remarks that he would usually make.

Instead, the blonde turned back around and a few minutes later the sound of a shower could be heard throughout the house.

The rest of the morning went by as follows:
George took a shower and dressed himself in a basic white tee and sweatpants, he then ate his breakfast, streamed for an hour (because Dream was avoiding him) and then made his way into the living room in search of his boyfriend.

"Dream", he used a soft tone so not to startle him.

"Mmm", the blonde hummed, not lifting his head up to look at George.

"I think...", Dream cut George off.

"Don't say it, I'm doing it now", he walked over to grab his phone off the side and took a deep breath in.