21|Darkness|21

vote

I suggest doing hey future me...

"You'll stay with me? Until the very end"- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Tw:
-descriptive passing out
-mentions eating disorder

Sapnap and Karl closed the front door and walked down the driveway, gravel slipping from beneath their feet as their shoes met the ground. Three days ago, neither of them had any idea that they would be about to walk around Dreams neighbourhood, looking for George.

"Any ideas where to start?", Karl muttered, blowing some hair out of his face.

"I don't know, maybe we just walk around for a bit and ask some people if they've seen him?"

"Sounds good"

They began walking in silence, neither one wanting or knowing what to talk about in a time like this. The tension of the silence grew larger as they crossed off of Dreams street, almost tense enough to be able to cut it with a knife.

"How've you been?", Sapnap awkwardly kicked a pebble that was in his way, "you know how's things?"

"Good yeh", Karl trailed off and went back to looking at the street.

It had been twenty minutes and they were yet to find any signs of where George had gone, they were almost out of the neighbourhood. A sign told them they had left Dreams area and Karl let out a long sigh, rubbing his temples.

"We're never going to find him", he sighed loudly.

"Stay positive we've got to find something"

Karl let out another sigh, kicking a stone on the floor and then kicking it again as he caught up to it. The shorter brunette made his way towards a tree, sitting down by the trunk and trying to cool down in the shade. Karl made his way over shortly after and set himself down next to the shorter, resting his head on Sapnaps shoulder.

"What are we going to tell Dream?", Sapnap muttered out.

"Something along the lines of, we can't find George", Karl sighed out.

"I hope he's ok"

"Me too, I hope he's not lost or anything"

"I hope Dreams ok too", Sapnap began to play with Karl's hair, "he seemed really on edge"

"He did yeh, he was probably in the wrong though", Karl responded.

"I suppose so", he shrugged, "even so he's my best friend"

"Fair"

They lay in silence for a while, listening to the sound of birds and cars around them. The heat was a bit much so the shade under the tree felt quite relaxing, softening out both of their frizzed up hair.

After a few moments, a man with pink hair turned the corner onto the street with the tree, eyeing the duo intimidatingly. Sapnaps eyes shot up, creating an unsettling eye contact with the man, nudging Karl as he did so.