24|Silence|24

vote

Again there are VERY triggering subjects in this chapter so be carful

As you may have noticed my update schedule is slowing, this is because I have my GCSEs in two weeks so I am spending most of my time revising <3

Song suggestion: Bon iver- roslyn slowed and reverbed

Tw:
-blood
-SUICIDE ATTEMPT
-SELF HARM MENTIONS
-hospitals
-breakdown
-describes passing out

The house was dead silent, not even the noise of birdsong from the outside. Dream was slumped against the wall with the vase to his side, a few tears dripping down the side of his face. They weren't in regret, more in anger at himself. He was angry at himself for ever causing George the pain he did.

His decisions had been wrong, hurting others in the process and now because of him, George was in hospital in who knows what condition.

All because of him.

Biting his lip, he turned his head weakly towards a door which he heard creak open, breath getting heavier now. From the door emerged two small animals, tails lowered to the ground, mewling out for food.

More tears began to flow down Dreams cheeks, he couldn't even get Patches and Cat food. He was weak. He was a failure.

Patches scurried over to him, nuzzling her face into his good arm, noticing he wasn't ok. She curled herself up next to him and purred, licking his fingers as a method of comfort.

Dream watched as Cat too came and nuzzled up beside him, mewling at him. He had failed both of them. He had failed all of them.

So there he sat, his two pets nestled into his side, wanting to be with him as he battled through this fight with himself. A fight that had started with himself and he was determined to end with himself.

A charger lay next to him, maybe as some form of practical joke the universe was playing on him. Using the last of his strength, he flicked it on and plugged his phone in. In hope that if someone called, someone might be there to pick up.

Black spots began to cloud his vision, allowing him to slip in and out of consciousness as his arm formed a larger pool of blood beneath it. His hearing was impaired too, the sound of his cats purring blending into the sound of white noise. Everything was disappearing now, disappearing at a rate even he wasn't ready to face.

He had wanted to go, yes, but maybe not as fast as this. He didn't deserve it. If anything he deserved the slowest, most painful death ever. But no, here he was, bleeding out on the floor, crying over how he wasn't able to do anything right.

Blinking once, he found he didn't have the strength to open his eyes again, allowing them to remain closed.

Darkness was all he could see now. His hearing was still there, only slightly.

The last thing he heard before slipping completely into the darkness was a door slamming open and a scream.

***

Drista slammed open the door, screaming in horror when she saw the sight in front of her that was her brother. His arm was horrific to see, causing her to have to look away for a few seconds before taking a deep breath and making her way towards the shattered vase area.