27|Past Memories|27

vote because my exams start Monday (no this defo isn't guilt tripping)

THIS CHAPTER DISCUSSES VERY TRUGGERING TOPICS ESPECIALLY EATING DISORDERS AND THEIR MOTIVES

TW:
-EATING DISORDERS (different types)
-hospitals
-mentions feeding tube

The group shared an excited look once the lady gave them the news, light flashing their eyes for the first time in a while. Sapnap bounced slightly, Drista almost span in a circle and George's face spread into a smirk.

"Only one though, who's going first?", the lady asked, her eyes on the excited group.

George was about to speak when Sapnap interrupted his thoughts.

"Drista can go", he motioned to the girl who was bouncing slightly, "she needs to see him"

George's face fell slightly before he nodded, watching as the lady beckoned Drista to go with her. After all, he would be able to see Dream afterwards and maybe it wasn't such a bad idea that he didn't go first.

"Want the food still?", Sapnap asked, beginning to walk towards the cafe again as George trailed alongside him.

"Maybe", the brunette shrugged and that's when Sapnap remembered one of the reasons they ended up in the hospital in the first place.

"I'm sorry I didn't- I didn't mean to pressure you or anything, maybe you can just have like a small bag of crisps if you want", Sapnap paused to breathe, "I'd be proud of you no matter what you did"

George let out a small chuckle before waving his arm in the air slightly, brushing off Sapnaps rushed apology.

"It's ok you didn't realise...", George pondered actually answering the original question seriously instead of his 'maybe', "I don't feel like eating right now"

Sapnap sighed slightly as they walked into the cafe, side by side, missing one person and still feeling slightly empty.

"Please just something small", he encouraged gently, "I'll be so proud of you, it'll be like your first step to recovery. I'll be with you the entire way, maybe not in person the whole time because I don't live here but I'll try my best"

"I know you will Sap, but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it", he began to fiddle with his hoodie strings, "it's not like I'm magically cured after passing out for however long, the issue is still here Sapnap. The issue is me"

The ravenettes eyes dropped to the floor and his mouth parted slightly, as if he was going to say something, before he closed it and continued shuffling along.

They remained in an awkward silence whilst Sapnap bought his food, plus a small bag of crackers incase George wanted them, and then they made their way back to George's room.

The brunette fell comfortably on to the bed, quite tired from their walk as he still hadn't eaten anything proper for about five days. His body was weak still, he knew that, he knew he needed the food; it didn't help that everyone else knew that too. Despite this, he physically couldn't, even the thought of it made him sick and he didn't even have a reason anymore, having the information that Drista and Sapnap and given him.